Date: 25.9.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 560
Njj.essaytyper.cloudns.cx #Intro to great gatsby essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Intro to great gatsby essay

Intro to great gatsby essay

Oct/Sun/2017 | Uncategorized

Intro to great gatsby essay: Международный…

Intro to great gatsby essay

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Great gatsby essay intros » Камера » Решение проблем »…

california bar essay California Bar Exam Bar Review Course. To Great Gatsby Essay? The Essay Master Course provides the of essayer, best tools available to help students PASS the intro essay, essay portion of the California Bar Exam. The course is patterned after AmeriBar's incredibly successful and highly acclaimed tutoring program. Master's Thesis? The audio lectures and outlines provide a thorough substantive law review of all non-MBE subjects testable on the essay exam. Additionally, the to great essay, online audio strategy workshops cover essay-writing and the study process.

The strategy workshops provide a workable framework for how to make the most of ian ker essay aid grammar, study time, as well as how to prepare essays that maximize points. You will never feel more prepared for intro, the essay portion of the exam. Customer? ESSAY MASTER COURSE DETAILS. The California outline book contains outlines for all non-Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) subjects testable on intro the essay portion of the California Bar Exam. This book, along with the MBE course, contain the of essayer, law you need to know in order to pass the California Bar Exam. Intro Essay? The focus of the outlines is on testability. The outline book contains an intuitive starring system, which highlights important exam topics for efficient study. As a result, you will be more efficient with your study time. Free up some time to perfect your approach to essay writing. The California Essay Examination book contains the customer studies, best resource for essay exam preparation - actual past California essay questions.

Students are also provided with a sample answer for each question. One of the most effective ways to prepare for the essay exam is to practice answering past essay questions. By reviewing past questions, students learn which issues are often tested, and how common issues should be resolved. Intro To Great Gatsby Essay? #9632; Strategy Workshop Lectures. The strategy workshop is designed to teach students the class law essay, strategies and techniques required to pass the exam. Intro To Great Essay? The workshop covers both study strategies and wageningen online, essay writing techniques. Learn how to use effective legal writing strategies to your advantage. Intro Gatsby Essay? The lectures help students utilize legal writing techniques to maximize points when drafting essay answers. The workshop cover s everything from how to set up your study schedule, to what to do each day to prepare. It also contains strategies on how to prepare for and write a bar exam essay answer.

The workshop has been prepared with the retaker in ian ker essay aid grammar, mind, but is incredibly useful for all examinees. The course comes with online access to dozens of hours of online audio lectures covering all of the non-MBE subjects tested on the essay exam. As with the outlines, our subject lectures are designed to to great gatsby, focus on what you need to know to pass the exam. Listen to samples of lectures and view pages from outlines. Eric Medcalf Resume? #9632; iPod Upgrade Rental Option. Intro To Great? Now you can upgrade and receive audio lectures on an Apple iPod Nano. Listen to the course audio lectures anywhere you can carry an iPod. The iPod rental program is designed to help you take the lectures with you, wherever you decide to study. For details regarding the iPod rental option, please check our FAQ. The course contains AmeriBar's sample study calendars. A First Class Law Essay? The calendars detail what subjects students should study, as well as what students should accomplish on a daily basis. Study calendars are available for different study timeframes.

If you have any questions about the law, the study process, or anything else related to your bar exam preparation, one of our attorney mentors is just a telephone call away. The Complete Course includes AmeriBar's intensive Performance Test (PT) course. The PT course comes with access to AmeriBar's intensive online PT audio workshop. Students will also obtain online access to ten downloadable past PT questions. Gatsby? This $239 value is absolutely free with the essay course. The Essay Master Course is conjugations of essayer, available for students who already have materials for the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE).

The MBE subjects may also be tested on to great gatsby the essay exam. Master's Thesis? The Essay Master Course contains past essay questions and answers testing MBE subjects. However, it does not contain complete outlines of general legal principles for the subjects tested on the MBE . Ensure that you have adequate materials to help you prepare for the MBE subjects. If you do not have complete outlines for the MBE subjects, you should enroll in AmeriBar's Complete Home Study Course, which covers all of the subjects on the exam. AmeriBar constantly monitors past bar exams questions and testing trends. Our materials are focused on testable points of law. Therefore, you will not waste hours of your study time learning extraneous information. Utilize your time efficiently . Intro Gatsby? MAKE THIS TIME DIFFERENT. Eric Medcalf Resume? Are you are a retaker who enrolled in a traditional bar review course the to great gatsby essay, last time you sat for the exam, but were unsuccessful? It is customer, likely that you spent too much time reviewing your knowledge of the law, and not enough time learning how to write essay answers or adequately prepare for the MBE.

It is likely that you studied inefficiently. Instead of spending dozens or even hundreds of hours listening to mind-numbing lectures of the law, learn how to spend your time efficiently learning the law you need to know in order to pass. In fact, one of our recent students who had previously taken a traditional review course (and failed his exam) let us know that the best part of intro to great, AmeriBar's program was that he actually studied less and essay assent, passed! Focus on the law you need to know, and spend the rest of your time learning how to apply your knowledge to intro gatsby, the questions presented by of essayer, the bar examiners.

Write My Paper -
The great gatsby essay intro

My Favorite Festival Eid Essays and Research Papers. My Favorite Chinese Festival The Mid-autumn is intro to great gatsby essay, my favorite Chinese . festival . It always falls on the 15th day of August, but this year is on 29th September. Counseling. “This wonderful tale is to great gatsby essay, a depiction of a Chinese family coming together and preparing to celebrate the moon with a nighttime picnic that embraces their Chinese customs with glowing lanterns and includes traditional dishes, such as the moon cakes, pomelos, and tea.”(LIN 94) A few days before the assent festival , everyone in the family will help to. Chang'e , Chinese calendar , Han Chinese 1052 Words | 3 Pages. Today I am here to share one of my favorite place in intro world. This place is one of miraculous blessing given by mother earth to all . living things.

I am so fond of this place that I see it in my dreams. Kereala, it was celebrated as a 'Paradise Found' - one of the ten in the world. Writing A First Class. A perfect description for a land renowned as God's Own Country. There is different charm in its backwaters, beaches, Ayurveda health holidays, hill stations, wildlife, festivals , monuments and vibrant art forms, it’s amazing. Asia , Earth , English-language films 1308 Words | 4 Pages. The Eid at The Mosque With the excitement that kept me awake all night long and the overwhelming feelings of joy, . delight, and happiness I started preparing my self for one of the happiest days in every Muslim life. Gatsby Essay. Usually, every family welcomes the Eid -Muslims holidays- with rituals by cleaning process that goes on for days, changing the entire house furniture, for who can afford it, and baying new clothes especially for the occasion.

And with main ready even. Eid ul-Fitr , Islam , Mosque 662 Words | 4 Pages. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My Favorite Person something good to conjugations of essayer, say about everyone. Micah is a blessing to me and will . always be on the most favorite people. To Great Essay. With all his wittiness and good looks, he is truly.

Premium My Favorite Teacher all ways or I may also have misunderstood them. However, the teacher that I chose as deserving of the My Favorite Teacher earned this title due to the care he showed. Premium Favorite Place the wageningen online kids swim. Alton Brown , Climate , Climate change 525 Words | 3 Pages. ?Tiffany Presley English Composition Dr. To Great Essay. Philip Underwood October 21, 2013 My favorite celebrity I’m writing . my essay on is Maya Angelou. Thesis Online. The reason why I’ve chosen her as my favorite celebrity is intro essay, that she has given us the greatness of medcalf poems. Intro Gatsby Essay. Her poem’s to me is so remarkable.

My favorite poem is “Still I Rise”. This poem is so influential to me because the conjugations of essayer poem is so powerful. The thing I am going to gatsby essay, discuss about Maya Angelou is her childhood, career beginnings, later successes, and her. African-American Civil Rights Movement , Coretta Scott King , I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings 917 Words | 3 Pages. My favorite teacher was scary and mean -- but only in the eyes of those who had never been in her classroom. Eric. Those of us who were . Gatsby. her students encouraged the rumors and bolstered our reputations for bravery, secure in thesis the knowledge that she would protect and defend us with every ounce of her being, because we were her students. What kind of teacher inspires such trust? The best kind!

The other day a local newspaper columnist, the survivor of an to great essay, abusive childhood, wrote about a teacher who had. Zero tolerance 706 Words | 3 Pages. April 26, 2013 My Favorite Place Have you ever thought about how the place you live seem to have lack of writing class places to go? Is . it really inconvenient to get to places? And sometimes when you go somewhere, you have to intro gatsby essay, worry about the weather. Where would you go? Whether it's your own home, small town, or a vacation site, everybody has a favorite place. Ian Ker Aid Grammar. Some people like loud places to have fun, while others like quite and serenity places to relax. If I had to to great essay, choose my favorite place, it would be. Climate , Ferris wheel , Meteorology 920 Words | 3 Pages. My favorite season of the year is essay aid grammar assent, autumn.

There are three main reasons why it is intro to great gatsby essay, my favorite of the . four seasons. During this season nature is an case studies, absolute wonder to see, Thanksgiving holiday occurs at this time, and intro to great essay the weather is perfect for many outdoor activities. The first reason I enjoy autumn so much, especially down here in the South, is because nature is such an absolute wonder to see during this time of the year. There are many animals that are preparing for the cold winter. A good way. A Great Way to Care , Autumn , Family 1293 Words | 3 Pages. ‘ It was late at night when my phone began to writing a first law essay, ring. The moon had been up for hours and I was just getting ready to hit the essay sack. Eric. Who could . Intro Gatsby Essay. possibly be calling me? I thought to myself as I picked up the call.

Michael, what're you doing? Of course, my older sister Jessie, the only person on this planet who actually refers to me by my real name. Not that I care, I find it to be more unique considering every other Michael I've known is conjugations, not even a Michael at to great, all, just Mike. Well I was getting. 2007 singles , Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles , Night 1901 Words | 5 Pages. about my three favorite breeds of dogs. THESIS: Any dog can make a great pet but my favorites are . chihuahuas, boston terriers and boxers.

INTRODUCTION I. Master's Thesis. Attention Material: I have been an animal lover since I was a small child, but dogs are my favorite of all animals. To Great Essay. II. Credibility: I have two dogs, a Chihuahua and a Boston Terrier. III. Wageningen Thesis. Preview: My favorite three dog breeds are, Chihuahuas, Boston Terriers, and gatsby Boxers. Transition: Lets start by talking about ian ker aid grammar assent, my first favorite dog the. Boston Terrier , Chihuahua , Companion dog 787 Words | 3 Pages.

-Here are some guidelines for gatsby writing a descriptive essay: Take time to brainstorm If your instructor asks you to describe your favorite . food, make sure that you jot down some ideas before you begin describing it. For instance, if you choose pizza, you might start by essay aid grammar assent, writing down a few words: sauce, cheese, crust, pepperoni, sausage, spices, hot, melted, etc. Once you have written down some words, you can begin by intro, compiling descriptive lists for each one. Use clear and medcalf concise language. To Great. . Chicken , Cooking , Fried chicken 848 Words | 4 Pages. My Favorite Website is Rollingstone Rollingstone.com As s fan of music, movies, TV and just about writing class, all things pop culture it . was hard for me to choose which was my favorite website. In this day and age, any and all information is gatsby, just a click away. I chose a website that gives me access to ian ker essay aid grammar assent, all of these things and more, Rollingstone.com. As I subscriber to the magazine since 1997, I remember getting excited when they day came every 2 weeks or so (depending on to great gatsby essay, the US postal service) when a new Rolling. Elvis Presley , Hunter S. Thompson , Jann Wenner 1322 Words | 3 Pages. ENGLISH COMP.2. ASSIGN 2 | A Description | | A description about my favorite desserts. | | Mrs.

Mirelle Jayawardene | . Conjugations. 3/10/2013 | | My Favorite Desserts Everybody has their favorite games, cars and meals. Also everyone has their desserts and I have mine. All my favorite desserts have one thing in common they all are made with one ingredient that is “Chocolate”. Mmm!! Chocolate Desserts! I honestly believe that chocolate is the closest we can get to intro to great, heaven as mortals, seriously. Butter , Chocolate , Custard 780 Words | 3 Pages. McDonald’s, My Favorite Restaurant McDonald’s is a fast food restaurant chain and “has over 32,000 locations in more than 100 . countries around the globe” (McDonald’s website). Ian Ker Essay Assent. It is one of most popular fast food restaurants in the world, and intro essay preferred by a lot of people. Wageningen Thesis Online. The restaurants are very modern and cozy and always have a place for gatsby essay children to play in. It is also known for their Happy Meals, which contains a hamburger, french fries and the always desired toy.

McDonald’s is my favorite fast food. Burger King , Fast food , Fast food restaurant 829 Words | 3 Pages. Diwali - Hindu Festival of Lights Each year in October and November, Indian people who are followers of the Hindu religion celebrate the . festival of Diwali by decorating their homes with hundreds of customer case studies little lamps called divas. The word Diwali is a contraction of deepavali - which literally means cluster of lights or row of lamps and the festival symbolises the triumph of light over intro to great darkness. Ian Ker Essay. Diwali is one of the most ancient Hindu festivals in India where it is a national holiday and gatsby celebrated.

Diwali , Hindu , Hinduism 461 Words | 2 Pages. Eid is thesis, a great festival for intro gatsby essay Muslims. Writing. There are two Eid occasion- Eid ul fitr and Eid ul . Intro To Great Gatsby. adha. Muslims celebrate these festivals with great respect and pleasure. Eid ul fitr is eric, celebrated after the month of Ramadan. Eid ul adha is celebrated in 10th Jilhajj. We celebrated Eid ul adha in last month. Eid ul adha remembers the prophet Ibrahim's willingness to sacrifice his son when God ordered him to. God appeared in intro to great a dream to Ibrahim and told him to sacrifice his son Isma'il.

According to Islamic. Eid al-Adha , Eid ul-Fitr , Hajj 1102 Words | 3 Pages. My Favorite Place Everyone has a special place, a place where people can find happiness, be themselves, and peace. This special . place perhaps is a place where people have a dream to eric medcalf resume, go for a vacation, honeymoon, or relax. A tense of mind in intro to great gatsby life force people to customer case studies, think about the intro to great essay place that they can truly relax. In many people’s lives, a travel is the best option for relaxation. Specially, middle class people who live in the bay area and be under high pressure of work, perhaps they need to have a.

Dollar , Halong Bay , Pound sterling 1137 Words | 3 Pages. ?Anthony Leon EngWr300 Shapiro March 1, 2015 My favorite childhood place I was separated from my family at a . young age. When I was 7 my family and I moved to Vallejo because of my father’s job. I was extremely close with my cousins and family that lived in Soledad, a small town close to Salinas. So whenever my mom would tell me we were going to conjugations of essayer, go visit my aunt may I would always be excited. My cousins and I were and still are very close even though we don’t see each other as often as I’d like. Cousin , Debut albums , Family 972 Words | 3 Pages. My Favorite Photo Pine trees are evergreen; they grow tall with the average height of thirty -forty meters. Each pine tree has . very unique poses: some grow straight, fall more to the left or tilt more to the right. One tree has at least seven major braches; moreover, each branch is to great gatsby essay, covered by the thickness green color of the leaves.

The leaves are very pointy and sharp as needles. The smell of pine gives you the touch of relaxation from nature. Pine trees grow as a group, as if they were a united. Family , Father , Love 1269 Words | 3 Pages. Ever since I was a little boy, pizza has always had a special place in my heart. From pizza day in the school cafeteria to conjugations of essayer, pizza parties at . sleep away camp, there was nothing more exciting than when that cardboard box was opened to intro, reveal a round pie with eight delicious slices waiting to master's thesis, be devoured. Early on I learned that everybody eats their pizza differently.

There are those who fold their slices in intro gatsby essay half, those who eat their slices with two hands, and those who (dare I say) like to cut their. Calzone , Campania , Italian cuisine 2393 Words | 6 Pages. My favorite place, Capurgana. 1. Counseling. Description Hist.background of the place. the Kuna Indians were the intro gatsby first . inhabitants until the twentieth century that were displaced by settlers black-mulatto who came from the city of Cartagena .in 1970 one built the airport is named after its founder Narcisa Navas, so came the first tourists and families build summer homes. One built in 1975 after the first hotel and thesis online others like Almar and Calypso, and to great already by 1990 there were more than 20 hotels. Colombia , English-language films , Hotel 575 Words | 3 Pages. GLOBAL LESSON PLAN FORMAT Title of master's thesis counseling Lesson: My Favorite Community Helper Topic: Community Helpers Subject Areas: Language . Arts, Social Studies, and intro gatsby essay Fine Arts Grade Level: 1st Grade Description or Outcome Statement: Students will listen to a haiku poem about writing class law essay, a Construction Worker. Together, students will brainstorm and create a haiku poem about intro to great gatsby, pilots. Then individually, students will create their own haiku poem about their favorite community worker.

Specific Lesson Outcome Statement. Assessment , Education , Educational psychology 834 Words | 4 Pages. A New Day Has Come I have never been a person who looks at art and enjoys it. My favorite artwork is essay assent, Gottfried Helnweint . Boulevard of Broken Dreams. But when ask to write about my favorite art piece, that didn’t come to mind. I watch a show called So You Think You Can Dance and on to great essay, June 18, 2008 I saw a Viennese Waltz performed that has stayed in my mind. For me art is something that gets you thinking and feeling in a way that you might not have before. Everything from the music to the lighting. Celine Dion , Dance , Emotion 998 Words | 3 Pages. It all began in the summer of 1988 when my parents packed up our car.

We began our countless hour journeys from Youngstown, Ohio to customer, FaHoLo Deaf . Family Camp in Grass Lake, Michigan. The excitement and thrill that would rush through my veins when going to intro to great, FAHOLO sent visions to my head about who I would see first, where I would be staying, what I would be doing, and to what fun places I would go. You are never too old to go to FAHOLO, there is always something to writing a first class law essay, do no matter what age you are. Essay. Although. 2007 singles , Astronomical seeing , English-language films 1475 Words | 3 Pages. ? My Favorite Film If you're like me a person who like action, then the movie Bad Boys 2 would be one of my highly . recommended films to writing a first law essay, see. Actors Will Smith and Martin Lawrence play as two Narcotic Detectives in intro the big city of of essayer Los Angeles. These detectives make they biggest bust when they get involved with this case involving this dangerous crime mob boss. One of the reasons I love this movie so much is because it shows how no matter what our daytime job is we still are sensitive.

American film actors , Bad Boys , Bad Boys II 586 Words | 3 Pages. As a teen, I was not much into intro essay movies, which always got my parents concerned. My parents were very broadminded; they encouraged . me to see all types of movies, to develop my interest, so that I could “know the real world”, as they believed that cinema was a reflection of our daily lives. Thesis. My brother, who was 15, was even more concerned about my disinterest in movies, and took upon himself, the pious duty of introducing me to to great gatsby essay, the realities of life, though in a starker way. He had a huge collection of. Film , The Prodigal Daughter 1599 Words | 4 Pages. What are you thinking of case doing this summer? Why not try Reading festival ? Reading festival I hear you say? From my . Intro To Great Gatsby. past mind blowing experience at class law essay, Reading I noticed that it was more of an annual pilgrim for people to pay homage to their musical idols, plus a chance to to great essay, reconnect with friends from customer studies, previous year.

Opportunities to to great, try local shop keeper’s wears are available as the festival is located within the beautiful town centre. There are many local arts and thesis counseling crafts, organic fruit and intro to great essay veg and even. Celebrity , Folk festival , Reading and Leeds Festivals 1082 Words | 3 Pages. ? My Favorite Artist: Yayoi Kusama Nanxuan Zheng Art 470-02 Emmalyn Gennis November 7, 2014 . Yayoi Kusama, a Japanese contemporary artist and writer, started to paint using polka dots and nets as motifs at around age ten, and created fantastic paintings in watercolors, pastels and oils. Her work has transcended two of the most important art movements of the second half of the master's counseling twentieth century: pop art and minimalism. Her extraordinary and highly influential career. Art , Contemporary art , Expressionism 1360 Words | 8 Pages. Spring Festival The first day of the first month by the Chinese Lunar Calendar is Spring Festival , also known as Chinese New . Year; it is the most important traditional holiday in China. Spring Festival dates back to four thousand years ago, originated in the Shang Dynasty.

The year of 2011 was the Year of the intro to great gatsby Rabbit; due to of essayer, my parents went to intro to great, Bengal for writing a first missionary work, my uncle who lives in gatsby the countryside invited me to his house for Spring Festival this year. I didn’t like the writing class law essay idea at first. Chinese calendar , Chinese New Year , Firecracker 1395 Words | 4 Pages. Corina Termini. My favorite movie: “The Notebook” Movies give you inspiration to do or change many things in Life. This is a . To Great. huge benefit on watching movies because they often give you something to master's counseling, learn from, you can see probably how a bad decision can change you life forever, how people influence can sometimes be bad for you, how everyone is capable of gatsby good thing in life, how by working hard you can achieve you goals, etc. So, trough movies you can get motivated and look forward in your life.

English-language films , Horror film , Love 973 Words | 3 Pages. mirth and celebration for writing class the muslims all over intro essay the world. Master's Thesis Counseling. Eid ul fitr celebrates the completion of the month of Ramadan, in which muslims fast . and intro to great gatsby increase their spiritual devotions and is meant to wageningen, be a recognition the intro to great gatsby essay material and spiritual favour of God to his creation. On this day, Muslims all over the world thank god for the gift of fasting, in which they avoided food, drink and intercourse from a first class law essay, down to intro to great gatsby, dust, out of obedience servitude. Case. Eid ul fitr is an expression of intro to great gatsby a person to show his happiness.

Eid ul-Fitr , Islam , Mosque 477 Words | 2 Pages. Running head: CHARMED: MY FAVORITE TV SHOW Charmed: My Favorite TV Show Tolby Markham Kaplan . University LS 526-01: Academic and thesis Professional Writing for Graduate Students CHARMED: MY FAVORITE TV SHOW Charmed: My Favorite TV Show Charmed, I’m sure! Are you? Charmed is the story of The Charmed Ones – the most powerful good witches the world has ever known, whose job is to intro to great gatsby essay, protect the innocent and not blow their cover. When their grandmother, Grams, suffers a heart attack, Prue. Alyssa Milano , Charmed , Holly Marie Combs 1143 Words | 4 Pages. PART A: OUTLINE: I. DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY: Outline: Introduction: Holiday celebrations are often a very fun and festive time with my family. . One such holiday is Tet holiday of year. Many families have fun days filled with love, gift sharing, eating, fun times and a first laughs.

In my family the entire family gathers at my grandparent’s home. Body paragraph: Decoration: - Outside: + Lights + Flowers + Parallel sentences . Family , Grandparent , Ho Chi Minh 830 Words | 4 Pages. My Familiar Escape In the story “The Way to Rainy Mountain,” by intro essay, N. Scott Momaday, Momaday relates to his special place which is Rainy . Mountain. It holds the harshest weather on eric medcalf resume, earth, but is to great, still spectacularly beautiful to him. There is a place I love as well, and find myself looking forward to conjugations of essayer, every year. I count the days until I hop on the plane to reach my destination. I have nearly memorized every detail of my exquisite paradise and feel my “home away from intro to great gatsby, home” is equally as excited to case, receive. Arecaceae , Hawaii , Humidity 1179 Words | 3 Pages. In my stay here, in the University of the Philippines, Los Banos, I can say that I have encountered things that I had never met before.

I met . new friends, new classmates, new teachers, new environment, and so much more that I have to adjust to. One of the things that I just knew from intro gatsby essay, my stay here, in the university, is the study of Human Ecology. A First. In this campus, I was given the intro to great gatsby subject HUME10. Resume. I had lots of impression about this subject before the start of classes. Before, I felt annoyed when I. Emotion , Female , Gender 900 Words | 3 Pages.

masterpieces Stylin', while in Livin’ it up in the city Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent Got kiss myself I’m so pretty I’m too hot (hot damn) Called a . police and to great gatsby essay a fireman I’m too hot (hot damn) Make a dragon wanna retire man I’m too hot (hot damn) Say my name you know who I am I’m too hot (hot damn) Am I bad 'bout that money Break it down Girls hit your hallelujah (whuoo) Girls hit your hallelujah (whuoo) Girls hit your hallelujah (whuoo) ‘Cause Uptown Funk gon’ give it to you ‘Cause Uptown Funk gon’. 2009 singles , ARIA Charts , Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles 571 Words | 3 Pages. My Favorite Place: The Virgin Islands. ?Rachel Fraser English 1102 Diebert September 12, 2013 My Favorite Place As I walked into the room filled with vivid . colors and sweet smelling perfume, a taste of freshness and rejuvenation captured my attention. Aid Grammar Assent. It was as if the world came to a sudden stop and the closest thing to heaven was this room. The lights created an array of gatsby essay scenes that suddenly became blinding. I closed my big brown eyes for customer a second, and opened them up again. I looked outside at the vibrant sun causing beams of.

Blue , Green , Humidity 1245 Words | 3 Pages. Southeast for Miss Cherokee Survivor. We also have the Easyriders tour truck and two concerts featuring national acts. The event is held rain or shine, and . there is a minimal fee for intro to great the three-day event. With that, I will tell you about wageningen online, my most recent time away with my husband. Intro. I will tell you about the scenic route that we take to get to eric, Cherokee, North Carolina. We go through Ellijay then Blue Ridge.

We go through the Gorge where we usually stop and watch the people in canoes and rafts go. Blue Ridge Parkway , Cherokee , Comma splice 1488 Words | 4 Pages. March 20th 2013, I woke up and directly drove to gatsby essay, the Leith Honda dealership to fix my car. While it was being fixed, I noticed an Infiniti . dealership. I walked there to browse some cars, just to kill time.

As soon as set foot onto the dealership I found the most breath – taking and luxurious sports car. I took a peek inside the window and eric resume was astounded. Sometimes they say you can fall in love at first sight, here I found my first love the Infiniti G37 IPL. According to Twitchell objects that you own forms. Automobile , Brake , Driving 965 Words | 3 Pages. success and I'll admit, it really put me off reading the rest of the books. When something gets that big and that scary with that many dedicated fans, it's . both a good thing and a bad thing. To Great. I couldn't imagine loving it that much and it made me question my ability as a reader, not even a reviewer! What was I missing?

So, when I spied these gorgeous new covers, I threw caution to the wind and succumbed. Studies. I sat down with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and read it from cover to cover and. Harry Potter , Harry Potter and intro gatsby the Goblet of Fire , Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 800 Words | 3 Pages. ? My most cherished nursing theory is Florence Nightingale's hypothesis of adjustment. Master's. Progression of wellbeing could . Gatsby Essay. be attributed to her theory of nursing practice. Wageningen Online. It is surprising how her speculation applies to particularly each and every part of today's nursing. Intro. She cared for ian ker essay assent people and gatsby essay wanted to medcalf, improve their quality of to great essay life.

The focus of nursing in class law essay this model is to alter the to great gatsby patient's environment in order to resume, affect change in gatsby his or her health. The environmental factors. Florence , Florence Nightingale , Notes on Nursing 817 Words | 4 Pages. certain monkeys look like, how they sleep, their life expectancy in master's counseling captivity verses wild, what they eat, where they live, and how many kids do they have at . one time? Well, if so it is your lucky day because that is to great essay, what I am going to be talking about in my paper. Spider monkeys are mostly dark brown and black all over, they have long tails, spindly legs, little pot bellies, little heads, long hands and bare feet. The life expectancy of of essayer a spider monkey living in captivity is four to six. Atelidae , Capuchin monkey , Chimpanzee 1767 Words | 5 Pages. waiting a month for: EID . I had always thought of this day as some kind of intro to great gatsby a reward. I also thought that I had earned it. I had fasted a month; . from the case studies moment I woke up early in the morning till 8 pm.

It was a long time to intro to great, not eat especially for someone who was just a kid. Medcalf Resume. It was worth it. Intro To Great Gatsby. The next few days would make up for essay it. As soon as I had my eyes wide open, I jumped out of my bed and intro gatsby ran over to a first, my sister’s bed to wake her up. “TODAY’S THE DAY, JANA. Intro To Great. IT’S FINALY EID . ” I screamed at. 2006 albums , Eating , Eid ul-Fitr 827 Words | 2 Pages. ? BENGUET STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL La Trinidad Benguet is the wageningen Guinness World Record Holder of the “Largest Strawberry Cake,” a recognition . awarded during the Strawberry Festival in March 2004.

During the intro to great festival locals and visitors alike can enjoy various activities, including Agro Trade fair, the search for Ms. Strawberry Festival 2009 and Mr. La Trinidad, jobs fair, strawberry contests, Strawberry Farm tour and thesis online berry picking, Dumba ni Kabajo, Benguet Grand Battle of the Country Western bands. Baguio City , Benguet , Berries 765 Words | 4 Pages. There are only two Muslim festivals set down in Islamic law: Eid -ul-Fitr and Eid -ul-Adha ( Eid or . Id means festival ). There are also several other special days which Muslims celebrate. Gatsby. Al-Hijra (1 Muharram) The Islamic New Year’s Day. Thesis. This festival commemorates the Hijra (or Hegira) in 622 CE when the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) moved from Mecca to Medina. Intro To Great Gatsby. This was the aid grammar beginning of the growth of Islam into a world faith. The Muslim calendar counts dates from the Hijra, which is why Muslim. Eid ul-Fitr , Hajj , Islam 1043 Words | 4 Pages.

I love so much about intro to great essay, it. Thesis Counseling. There’s not a day during summer, that you cant find something to do and if your like me either stuck at school or work your wishing . you were outside enjoying the beautiful weather. There is intro essay, so many reasons why summer is my favorite season of the year but mostly because of the a first class warm weather, spending more time with family, and of course our annual beach trip. The first thing I think of when I think of summer is the weather. The warm weather is perfect for outdoor activities. 2008 singles , Climate , Rain 1007 Words | 4 Pages.

Festivals and fairs of rajastan BRIJ FESTIVAL Staged a few days before Holi (March) in the Brij area around Bharatpur, it . celebrates the festival of spring with spontaneus expressions of music and dance. DESERT FESTIVAL Place: Jaisalmer Time: January-February Rites amp; Rituals The otherwise barren land of Jaisalmer comes to gatsby essay, life and displays some cherished moments of its illustrious past and affluent culture. Traditional dances backed by high-pitched music create an out-of-this-world environment. Bikaner , Forts in Rajasthan , Jaipur 1307 Words | 5 Pages. Unforgettable Spring Festival The Spring Festival , which is commonly known in eric medcalf the west as Chinese New Year, is the most . important festival for intro gatsby the Chinese people and the moment that all family members get together just like Christmas.

People who live or work away from home will go home before the Spring Festival . Therefore, it is the busiest time for the transportation systems. Spring festival is my favorite festival because all my family members can get together and writing a first law essay that family plays an gatsby, important. China , Chinese calendar , Chinese New Year 1215 Words | 3 Pages. my favorite summer vacation getaways. Have you ever been on customer studies, a vacation outside of the United States? Vacations can be very enjoyable, fun, and memorable.

There are many different vacation . destinations that attract visitors and tourists today. Two of intro gatsby my favorite vacations were during the of essayer summer months following my completion of fifth and sixth grade. When I was in to great fifth grade, our family vacationed at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. We went to Wildwood Crest, New Jersey the following year after I completed sixth grade. These. Atlantic Ocean , Christopher Columbus , New Jersey 918 Words | 3 Pages. Indian Festival Further information: Category:Festivals ? Arts festival Beer festival Comedy . festival Japanese Cultural festival Esala Perahera festival Film festival Fire festival Folk festival Food festival Literary festival Mela Festival Music festival Oyster Festival Peanut Festival Ribfest Religious festival Renaissance festival Rock festival Science festival Sindhi festivals Storytelling festival Theatre festival Wine festivals Winter festivals Baisakhi Diwali • Durga Puja •.

Amusement park , Esala Perahera , Festival 642 Words | 3 Pages. Eid Festival Mount Arafat when Muhammad (PBUH) pronounced the final seal on the religion of Islam, Eid ul-Adha . gives concrete realization to what the law essay Muslim community ethic means. Essay. Save Paper Eid Ul-Fitr Id-ul-Fitr, or Id al-Fitr (Arabic: du l-Fir), often abbreviated to Eid , is a Muslim holiday that marks the of essayer end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of intro gatsby fasting (sawm. Save Paper a Day Spent So Trill Day spent so trill Having borne a bulky and black shoulder bag loaded of decent business attire. Eid al-Adha , Eid ul-Fitr , Islam 660 Words | 3 Pages. My favorite leader –Zhou Enlai Abstract As is known to us all, Zhou Enlai, as a communist party member, the first premier and . foreign minister of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), has a high reputation from home and abroad. Case Studies. This paper includes four parts in total. It starts with the intro to great brief introduction to eric medcalf resume, Zhou Enlai and intro gatsby essay then pays more attention to the second part about his contributions.

Following is the third part about evaluations from domestic and international. Conjugations Of Essayer. The last part comes to intro, the. Chinese Civil War , Communist Party of China , Cultural Revolution 1541 Words | 5 Pages. so why not do that——Shoulian Zhou( my paternal grandmother) When I was younger, I asked to my grandma that why people eat . rice dumplings during the Dragon Boat Festival . She told me about Chinese traditional food and its beginning in our five thousands years old Chinese culture. My grandma said that our ancestors created lots of medcalf resume festivals such as The Spring Festival , The Lantern Festival , The Dragon Boat Festival , Moon Festival . The Dragon Boat Festival was created to intro gatsby, commemorate the poet. Chinese calendar , Chinese language , Chinese New Year 1326 Words | 4 Pages. ? Festivals is a celebration of life. These celebrations bring peace and joy to the humanity ,and break the monotony of life. Of Essayer. . Festivals are numerous in my country. We can divide festivals into three kinds; national, religious and intro to great essay seasonal.

In connection with the first kind, the national festivals are celebrated with great patriotic favour. The second represents the religious association of people. The third marks the change of season that public celebrate their faith or seasonal change with gaiety. Celebration , Eid ul-Fitr , Festival 541 Words | 2 Pages. choose is a Islamic holiday called Eid al adha. Eid al adha is essay aid grammar assent, very well known around the world. Eid al Adha means . To Great Gatsby Essay. festival of aid grammar assent sacrifice. Eid al adha marks the completion of the intro annual Hajj, the pilgrimage to the holy cities of essay assent Mecca and Medina. During the festival of Eid al adha, all Muslims celebrate Ibrahim’s trial by slaughtering an animal such as cow, sheep, camel, or goat. Eid al-Fitr is holiday that follows the month of Ramadan.

The three-day Islamic holiday of Eid al-Fitr, celebrates the end of. Eid al-Adha , Eid ul-Fitr , Hajj 1012 Words | 3 Pages. Many of the gatsby festivals , rites, rituals and even the ian ker essay aid grammar dress habits of the adherents of Sanatana Dharma -- the Hindus, have deep spiritual . Intro To Great. significance and Amma actively encourages their propagation. In this section let us try to counseling, discover the Cultural Heritage of India, Her contributions to the world and the Life, Festivals and Philosophy of Indian people. Festivals in to great essay India In India, festivals do not just offer people a temporary reprieve from essay, their daily grind. Imbued with deep inner significance. Bihar , Hindu , Hinduism 766 Words | 3 Pages.

Eid Al-Fitr Every country has some days which are celebrated by people, and to great essay they are called . festivals . In fact, most festival days in the world come from religion. In Saudi Arabia, Saudi people celebrate in Eid Al-Fitr, which comes after month of Ramadan, which is the Muslims fasting. Resume. Indeed, people usually dress new clothes, do some celebration in intro the morning, and master's counseling eat special food. First of all, as every festival in the world ,people wear. Eid ul-Fitr , Islam , Islamic calendar 486 Words | 2 Pages.

My Favorite Place Narrative Essay. prepare me for an office work environment; I am obtaining my Associate of to great gatsby essay Art Degree in ian ker essay Medical Office Specialist. I have some existential . number of to great gatsby years contributed to writing class law essay, customer service and I am available immediately! I have an awesome personality and intro to great essay I am a very reliable individual; also, I have the ability to catch on ian ker essay assent, to new, exciting tasks easily. To Great Gatsby. I have great work ethics and I believe that I would be a great asset to your company because of class law essay my willingness to succeed!

I feel that this particular. Berkeley County, South Carolina , Cash , Cash drawer 770 Words | 4 Pages. The Greatest Festivals In Islam In Islam, celebration is a form of thanking Allah, the to great One True God. Celebration, in Islam, is eric resume, . merry-making, going out to intro gatsby, parties, visiting and meeting friends and relatives and having clean fun, and also a form of physical and ian ker essay assent spiritual purification. Islamic celebrations include taking a bath, putting on clean or new clothes, wearing perfume and going to the mosque or a place of congregation for Salat, a form of prescribed prayers. The dates and days of celebration. Eid al-Adha , Hajj , Islam 904 Words | 3 Pages. reality through its manifestation of all five human senses thus allowing the audience to to great gatsby essay, vicariously experience the moment captured. Of the medcalf resume thousands of . photographs taken by intro gatsby, my family and I, there is writing a first law essay, one that I would call my favorite . The first thing that comes to mind while looking at this picture, especially for someone not from my eclectic Bengali family, would be wow.

The amalgam of colors, faces and personalities may be overwhelming to to great gatsby essay, look at for some but for me, the master's thesis counseling beauty lies within the chaos. Alfred Stieglitz , Anxiety , Family 1154 Words | 3 Pages.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -

Kerry Emanuel on climate change and hurricanes. A satellite measurement of Hurricane Harvey on Aug. 25 found that intense storms in the eastern side were dropping rain at intro to great gatsby essay a rate greater than 3.2 inches (82 mm) per hour. “‘[With global warming, we could see] a 50-percent increase in resume the destructive potential” of the most powerful tropical storms,’ says meteorologist Kerry Emanuel of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.” For decades, MIT’s Kerry Emanuel has been a go-to researcher for those seeking insight into how climate change may affect catastrophic storms. The above quote is from 1992, in a Newsweek article “ Was Andrew a Freak — Or a Preview of Things to Come?” — and has never been more timely. Kerry is intro to great essay, also an eloquent and forceful voice pushing leaders around the world to wageningen, take the risks of climate change more seriously. Now we’re once again deep into storm season around the world, and intro to great, it’s not pretty.

With events still unfolding in customer Texas with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey, and weeks of escalating devastating monsoon floods in Bangladesh, India and Nepal, many people are asking: are these extreme storms the result of climate change? The current thinking: it’s complicated. Foremost, we shouldn’t be seeking a direct causal link between climate change and gatsby essay, any particular storm. As Professor Emanuel told The Washington Post’s Chris Mooney a few days ago: “My feeling is, when there’s a hurricane, there’s an occasion to talk about the subject,” he said. “But attributing a particular [weather] event to anything, whether it’s climate change or anything else, is thesis, a badly posed question, really.” Scientists are clear that climate change has “threat multiplier” effects on storms, increasing the likelihood and severity of some aspects. For instance: warmer waters and warmer air increase the moisture available and the energy in storms; disruptions in atmospheric circulation increase the likelihood of a storm “stalling out” over a region; and ocean storm surges are made more destructive when melting ice caps have raised the baseline sea level.

“The thing that keeps forecasters up at night is the prospect that a storm will rapidly gain strength just before it hits land,” Emanuel recently told Agence France-Presse, citing Harvey as an example. “Global warming can accentuate that sudden acceleration in intensity.” Interestingly, it’s still uncertain whether global warming will lead to more or less frequent hurricanes. But in terms of to great gatsby, catastrophic damage, storm frequency seems less important than the severity of storms, where climate change does have a clear footprint. [ Update, Sept. 26 2017 : Kerry just gave an in-depth 1 hour talk at MIT, entitled “What Do Hurricanes Harvey and Irma Portend?” Watch the of essayer, video, or read highlights in to great gatsby essay the news coverage.] Kerry Emanuel has been a frequent contributor on OCW.

Check out these two courses particularly connected to thesis, the storms + climate change issue. 12.103 Science and Policy of essay, Natural Hazards introduces the wageningen thesis, science of natural catastrophes such as earthquakes and hurricanes and explores the relationships between the science of and policy toward such hazards. It presents the causes and effects of intro to great gatsby essay, these phenomena, discusses their predictability, and examines how this knowledge influences policy making. 12.340 Global Warming Science provides a scientifically rigorous foundation to online, understand anthropogenic (human-caused) climate change, an introduction to climate models, the material impacts of climate change, and the science behind mitigation and adaptation proposals. [See also the to great gatsby, archived MITx on edX version of this course.] Want to get into a global conversation about climate change, its impacts and how we should respond? Check out the growing online community at essay aid grammar assent MIT ClimateX. An illustration from the notes for Session 2 of 5.07SC Biological Chemistry I , describing the hierarchy in protein structure, with hemoglobin as an example. (Figure by O’Reilly Science Art for MIT OpenCourseWare.) By Joe Pickett, OCW Publication Director. Did you know that life, in all its mindboggling diversity, from single-celled bacteria to reptiles, birds, and mammals, is made possible by ten simple chemical reactions?

These reactions, and intro essay, their interconversions in our primary metabolic pathways, are the focus of 5.07SC Biological Chemistry I , just published on OCW. It’s amazing, really. The basic reactions, their metabolic pathways, and the vitamins that are modified to make catalysts boosting still more reactions, are conserved across organisms. “It doesn’t matter whether you study a bacteria or a human, the central metabolism is pretty much the same,” says star researcher Professor JoAnne Stubbe, one of the 5.07SC instructors. “The thing that’s different is the conjugations, detailed regulation and the complexity of the regulation.” So if you can understand the basics of biochemistry, you have the keys to understanding the intro to great gatsby essay, living universe. And the keys to understanding most diseases, since most diseases involve some sort of dysfunction in the regulation of metabolic reactions. Co-Teaching with Varied Resources. A recipient of the National Medal of Science, Stubbe has devoted much of her career to elucidating the workings of nucleotide reductases, the enzymes involved in the chemical reactions essential to the biosynthesis of DNA and writing class law essay, RNA. Professor Stubbe’s co-instructors are Professor John Essigmann and Dr. Bogdan Fedeles. Essigmann leads a lab that investigates how chemicals in the environment can damage DNA in cells and how cells respond to and sometimes repair the damage.

Working in that lab, Fedeles and Essigmann have shown how chronic inflammation in the body can lead to cancer and to great gatsby essay, how the HIV virus can be induced to deactivate itself after invading a cell. As another of OCW’s Scholar courses, 5.07SC Biological Chemistry I abounds in conjugations learning resources. The course is arranged in to great essay a linear structure through three modules that reflect the shared teaching of the professors. Stubbe teaches the first part of the course, introducing fundamental reactions in her four Lexicon videos, and wageningen, detailing further biochemical reactions through seven sessions in her illustrated lecture notes. Starting in session 8, Professor Essigmann narrates a series of storyboard videos, showing how energy is produced in the cell and how that energy is used to make macromolecules like proteins. In his own series of to great gatsby, videos, Fedeles guides learners through carbonyl chemistry, pyridoxal phosphate (PLP) chemistry, and law essay, ten key problems sets distributed throughout the site. All the learning resources are assembled on a single Resource Index page for convenient reference. Envisioning Future Pathways for intro to great gatsby essay Students. The course site also features a series of video interview clips on its This Course at MIT page (“Meet the Educators” and “Instructor Insights”), in which Professors Stubbe and Essigmann share their reflections about how they teach biochemistry, what turned them on to biochemistry in the first place, what their research focuses on, and where they think biochemical research is thesis online, headed. Topics include “Using the Vitamin Bottle as a Teaching Tool,” “How Can You Not Think Enzymes Are Cool?,” and intro to great essay, “Motivating Students to Study Metabolic Biochemistry with Oncology Applications.” So take a look at resume 5.07SC.

Like the cell itself, it’s packed with material delivered with lots of energy. Asia in the Modern World: Images to Flip Over. “Eight Views of essay, Yokohama: Sails Returning to the Landing Pier” by Yoshitora, 1861, from Arthur M. Thesis? Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution. (Public domain image.) OCW has just published an intro to great gatsby essay, updated version of 21G.027 Asia in the Modern World: Images and Representations. It is an unusual course site, with a unique history, and a remarkable instructor, who has learned new things about teaching even after many years in the classroom. The course looks at history primarily through images, rather than texts, with a special emphasis on Japan. The instructor is Professor Shigeru Miyagawa, Professor of law essay, Linguistics and Kochi-Majiro Professor of Japanese Language and Culture. He also holds a joint project professorship at the University of intro to great essay, Tokyo, where he is Director of Online Education. Professor Miyagawa has devoted much energy in his career to creating a large collection of images, assembled from museums from all over the world, on wageningen thesis online, the Visualizing Cultures website. Intro To Great Gatsby Essay? What’s even more impressive, the law essay, images are published under a Creative Commons license, so that people can download them and use them in their own teaching and projects.

Professor Miyagawa describes the course and its history in his video Instructor Insights on intro, his This Course at customer case MIT page. As a member of to great gatsby, OCW’s Faculty Advisory Committee from writing its inception and as Chair of the Committee from 2010 to 2013, he has long been a leading advocate of intro to great gatsby essay, open sharing, and in another of his videos, he openly shares the story of how OCW was conceived. In a series of short videos, Professor Miyagawa talks about the creation of OCW and his many insights into teaching. Weaving Online Resources into a Unique Course. The 21G.027 site is a very unusual one for OCW in master's counseling that it is really a kind of hub. Its Study Materials page points to pieces of content for each topic on three different websites: Visualizing Japan (1850s-1930s): Westernization, Protest, Modernity (a MOOC Professor Miyagawa helped create on the edX platform), Visualizing Cultures , and Visualizing Postwar Tokyo (another MOOC on edX, which Professor Miyagawa was indirectly involved with as Director of Online Education at essay the University of Tokyo).

If sending learners to different places to get study materials seems peculiar for wageningen online OCW, in this case it shouldn’t, because that’s how Professor Miyagawa teaches 21G.027 on the MIT campus. Flipping over a Flipped Class. When he had prepared materials for intro essay the VJx MOOC, he had his students check out the videos before coming to class, just to see what their reaction was. The results were a revelation: And what I realized right away was that students would come into class, and they would have a lot of writing law essay, knowledge, which was not the case before…I had a whole set of to great essay, PowerPoints which I had created from studies years of teaching.

I did not show a single PowerPoint. For 70 minutes I just asked them questions, just to see if I can find something that they didn’t know. They knew the whole thing. Gatsby Essay? And I said, gee, this is different. And without realizing it–I didn’t even know what a flipped class was–I just did a flipped class. Making All the Difference by essay assent, Working in Teams. Another epiphany he has had involves the importance of student teamwork. All the students at MIT, he notes, “are academically gifted, and they’re highly motivated.” But a couple of intro to great gatsby essay, students in of essayer each class “stand out intro essay, after they graduate and go on and do big things.” So, he wondered, what’s different about these students? And the customer case studies, distinguishing feature was that they.

…have learned to intro essay, work with others. That’s it…They have learned to customer case studies, work not only with people they share interests, but also with people that they don’t necessarily share interests. Intro Gatsby Essay? That’s the trick. It’s easy to work with people who are like you. It’s harder to work with people who are not like you. But when you learn to online, be able to work across the spectrum of people, then you can basically tap their gifts. That’s what entrepreneurship is intro to great essay, actually. As a result, Professor Miyagawa now puts special focus on developing students’ interpersonal skills. Professor Catherine Drennan, wearing one of her many chemistry t-shirts, lectures in 5.111 on Acid-Base Equilibrium, posing the question: Is MIT Water Safe to Drink?

By Joe Pickett, OCW Publication Director. Do you love chemistry? Doesn’t matter! OCW has just published a new version of studies, 5.111SC Principles of intro to great gatsby, Chemical Science . Writing Class Law Essay? Designed for students who don’t have a strong background in chemistry or may not have taken any chemistry before, Principles of Chemical Science fulfills the introductory chemistry requirement that all MIT students must meet in order to graduate. The OCW site is essay, another of wageningen, OCW’s Scholar courses structured to help independent learners gain mastery of foundational subjects. Accordingly, the course site is supersaturated with content. There are full video lectures, lecture notes, problem sets and solutions, and gatsby essay, exams and solutions, plus a set of medcalf, clicker questions posed to students during the lectures to keep them actively engaged with the intro gatsby, content. The site also has links to Behind the ian ker essay aid grammar, Scenes at MIT , a collection of short videos that feature current and intro to great, former MIT researchers explaining how a particular chemistry topic is essential to their research and to essay, an inspiring real-world application. The course is structured in intro to great essay linear fashion, progressing through five learning units : The Atom, Chemical Bonding and eric medcalf, Structure, Thermodynamics and Chemical Equilibrium, Transition Metals and Oxidation-Reduction Reactions, and Chemical Kinetics. The course materials are also collected in one handy place, the Resource Index, where they are organized by content type (video lectures, notes, problem sets, etc.), so you can quickly find specific things you might be looking for. Engaging Students in to great gatsby Many Ways.

The instructor of the course is Professor Catherine Drennan, who runs the Drennan Research and Education Lab under the auspices of MIT and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Eric? Professor Drennan has special sympathy for students who might be lacking in an abundance of enthusiasm for chemistry, because she was once one of them. As an incoming student at Vassar College, she was interested in studying drama and intro to great, biology. When told she would have to take chemistry, she groaned, “Please don’t make me take chemistry. I took it in high school. Wageningen? I can tell you it has absolutely nothing to gatsby, do with biology. It’s deadly, dull. Eric? Don’t make me!”

But thanks to gatsby, an inspiring teacher, she fell in assent love with chemistry in to great her first semester. She tells the whole story of her conversion to chemistry and her love of teaching in her Instructor Insights videos on her This Course at MIT page. Naturally, she wants to kindle a passion for her favorite subject in her MIT students. Customer Case Studies? She tells them, “I’m going to try to help you understand why chemistry is so amazing and how it can affect all sorts of different disciplines . . . I’m going to teach you really all the basics that you need to know. If you can get those, you can go on and do all sorts of things with that chemistry.” Tapping her experience on the stage, Professor Drennan does not simply give lectures. Rather, she creates dynamic, interactive classroom experiences that include demonstrations, clicker question competitions, rewards for essay correct student explanations, and lots of counseling, humor, even to the point of to great gatsby, embarrassing herself. But there is a method to her zaniness. “It really helps people remember when you do something a little bit different,” she observes wryly. Building Teams to Foster a Sense of writing, Belonging. In her Instructor Insights, she reflects on the challenges of teaching a large class with 350 students.

Success very much depends on the strength and dedication of her TAs, who are first-year graduate students, and she fosters a sense of group identity among them, so they support one other as a team. She employs a similar approach in getting students to see their cohorts in recitation sections as teams by having them compete as a group for t-shirts, chemistry rulers, and other gag prizes in class competitions. For Professor Drennan, teaching chemistry is much more than showing up to class and holding forth. It’s creating a mixture with high reactivity.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -

2010 Soccer World Cup Essays and Research Papers. Intro? Introduction The Carmancine Travel Agency will be in charge of four Brazilian tourists (Two married couple) during their stay in aid grammar, South Africa for the . World Cup 2010 . Intro Gatsby Essay? The tour is called Herafrica and consists of eleven days in total including the first day (arrival) and the last (departure). The aim of this tour is to give the coming tourists the aid grammar assent opportunity to watch three matches live in South Africa and be part of the cultural diversity. They will also spend three adventurous days in Mozambique. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Cape Town , Durban 1556 Words | 5 Pages. Political, Social and Economical Impacts on the 2010 World Cup. FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 : The Social, Economical and Political Impacts Communication: Outcome 2 . Summative Assessment Graeme Boyle November 2010 Table of intro gatsby essay Contents 1. Introduction 3 2. Overview of the Event 3 2.1 Social impact 4 2.2 Political Impact 5 2.3 Economic impact 6 3. Conclusion 7 4. References 8 1. Introduction The FIFA World Cup is one of the largest sporting events in existence, happening every four years in different country across the customer case world . As. To Great? 2010 FIFA World Cup , Cape Town , FIFA World Cup 1790 Words | 6 Pages. Eric? worldwide. (Harry) Soccer is to great without a doubt the online world’s most popular, although, it is not the most popular sport in the United States. It is . true soccer , or football how the rest of the world calls the to great sport, is not the most popular sport in essay assent, the United States but its popularity is rapidly increasing. “Rich Luker, a 59-year-old baseball-loving social scientist based in North Carolina, is the brains behind the ESPN Sports Poll, the essay complex database that recently pronounced soccer as America's second-most. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 2495 Words | 5 Pages. Goal line techology in soccer Content Pages Introduction The topic that I have chosen to discuss in my research paper is the emergence of . the use of video technology in sports in recent years.

During our lifetimes, information and computer technologies have significantly changed the world . The major technological revolution has had a very profound effect on ian ker essay, contemporary sports over the last twenty years (Reilly, 2006). Therefore, the use of different types of technology has become important in. Intro To Great? 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 1405 Words | 4 Pages. December 5th, 2011 Don’t Say “Yup” To The Cup ! The FIFA World Cup is an international football – known as . soccer in the United States of America – competition of men’s and women’s national teams of the members of the medcalf resume Federation Internationale de Football Association, football’s global governing body. Intro? The championship team has been award the illustrious World Cup trophy every four years since the tournament began in counseling, 1930.

To host the prestigious World Cup , countries must fiercely compete against. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa , African Union 1205 Words | 4 Pages. Effects of Globalization on intro gatsby essay, Soccer. The Impact of Globalization on Soccer Thomas Joseph Puthenmadhom 821-837-077 Humber Business School I. Introduction Innovation and . continuous technological advancement has resulted in an increasing dissolution of the master's thesis counseling world’s boundaries, borders and distances. “Globalization is a process that encompasses the intro to great causes, course, and consequences of transnational and transcultural integration of human and master's thesis, non-human activities.” (Dr. Nayef R.F. Al-Rodhan, 2006) The economic ramifications of such a. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , CONMEBOL 1293 Words | 4 Pages. ? Sociological Review of Football ( Soccer ) Fans Introduction The purpose of this paper is to . understand how sociologists examine the sport institution of Football ( soccer ) fans.

Through reading articles I have found and read about the emotions of being a football ( soccer ) fan and the comparison of the feelings, expressions and behavior of fans associated with support of their team. All the research I have read showed that while there are differences between. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , Association football culture 2525 Words | 7 Pages. Industry of Soccer Economically Soccer is a sport that origin in intro, England and develops all around the world all . Wageningen? this years. Nowadays is considered the world’s most popular sport because of the number of to great gatsby essay people who plays, watch and also the influence that has economically. Thesis? It is the national sport of most European, Latin - American, African and to great, Asian countries, and of many other nations. Millions of people in more than 140 countries play soccer and everyone’s knows what is it about. Soccer is eric medcalf resume known. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , CONCACAF 872 Words | 3 Pages. From many decades ago soccer has always been a sport where anyone is welcome to intro to great essay play and watch from little kids to teenagers and to elders who . have had love for the game since they've been toddlers.

So we will go into depth of soccer to see how it started, how its played along with the regulations/rules of the game and talk about the players that have changed the game forever and have made it so popular. First off the sport name wasn't always called soccer till it came to the United states, it. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 1233 Words | 3 Pages. A global audience of 3.2 billion people – about 46.4% of the world population – watched the World Cup tournament of . 2010 , according to FIFA, the world governing body of soccer . The final between Spain and The Netherlands alone had an assent audience of essay approximately 530 million. There is little debate about which sport is more played and ian ker, watched more than any other.

It unites and intro essay, divides cities and countries. It sparks debate and controversy, which is discussed within families, with co-workers, and even. Of Essayer? 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 1191 Words | 3 Pages. Impact of 2010 FIFA World C I t f W ld Cup December, 2010 1 |Copyright © 2010 SA . Intro Gatsby Essay? Tourism Overall Impact of 2010 FIFA World Cup Tourist Volume A total of 309,554 foreign tourists arrived in customer case studies, South Africa for to great essay the primary purpose of eric medcalf resume attending the 2010 FIFA World Cup • Africa – land markets accounted for 32% of total foreign tourists, followed by Europe with 24% and intro gatsby essay, Central South America with 13% Tourist Spend The total expenditure in master's thesis counseling, South Africa by intro to great gatsby essay, tourists who came specifically for the 2010 FIFA. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa , Cape Town 3726 Words | 32 Pages. marketing 4) Recommendations for future marketing strategies, using the writing law essay 2014 World Cup as a focal point.

Ambush Marketing . History Ambush marketing is a marketing technique brands use to associate themselves with a particular event. Intro Gatsby Essay? In fact, brands that use this technique do not pay for the right to be officially associated. Ambush marketing can be seen during large-scale events such as the Olympics, World Cup , and thesis, the Superbowl. Companies attempt to leverage themselves against competitors. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , 2014 FIFA World Cup 1498 Words | 5 Pages. NTRODUCTION Attention-Getter: According to FIFA.com, the 1994 World Cup held in the U.S.A. recorded an overall attendance of . well over intro gatsby essay, three and a half million making it the highest attended world cup in conjugations of essayer, history; so why is it that soccer is not embraced in the U.S.? Audience Motivation: Soccer is the most popular sport in gatsby essay, the world and eric medcalf resume, it is our duty as citizens of one of the most diverse cities in America to be aware of this sport. Gatsby? Purpose/ Preview: In my speech, I will talk about the master's thesis counseling influence. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , CONCACAF 794 Words | 3 Pages. Informative Speech Galapagos Islands Outline.

Informative speech Can you think of a sport that, in some parts of the world , makes the intro to great gatsby essay fans go crazy and start riots? Or how about a sport . that sets records in television coverage? It is the most played sport in the world . It’s played with around ball. Today, I hope to inform you on ian ker assent, some specific aspects of professional soccer . Intro To Great Gatsby? First off I want to give you a general idea of the a first law essay rules and regulations. Professional soccer is played with 11 players from each team on essay, the field at once, including. Wageningen Thesis? 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , Coffee 954 Words | 3 Pages. Instant Replay Would Ruin the World’s Most Popular Sport. introduced “instant replay” into the sports world (Wired, 2009, p.1). This recording technology has slowly worked its way into professional . basketball, tennis, baseball many other sports around the world . Essay? Soccer , often called Football outside of the customer studies United States, is one of the few sports that have resisted the intro to great temptation to introduce technology to the officiating of its games. Although the implementation may make the writing a first law essay game more precise, this resistance has kept soccer “pure,” embracing its imperfections. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , Association football terminology 1682 Words | 5 Pages. INTRODUCTION The FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Cup is an international football competition . contested by national men’s teams.

The first tournament was in 1930 and since then the championship has been held every four years (www.fifa.com, 2010 ). In the year 2010 South Africa will be the proud host of the FIFA Soccer World Cup . Since 2004, when South Africa was chosen to host the World Cup , there were a lot of concerns whether or not South Africa can successfully. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa 3510 Words | 11 Pages. briefly explain who we believe to to great essay be the target market and will lastly explain why the wageningen thesis MTN Ayoba Campaign is intro to great essay successful. MTN is customer case studies a communication company, . Intro To Great Gatsby Essay? focused on the African continent. MTN has been defined as “A global communications partner and writing class law essay, world -class cellular network.” (http://www.mtn.co.za) They “believe that through access to communication comes economic empowerment.” (http://www.mtn.co.za/AboutMTN/Pages/default.aspx) MTN stands for Mobile Telephone Networks and to great gatsby essay, was founded in 1994. It. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , FIFA World Cup 1673 Words | 5 Pages. Fifa world cup 2010 1. Who won the first FIFA World Cup ? The 1930 FIFA . World Cup was won by Uruguay against aid grammar Argentina in intro, the finals (4-2).

Uruguay was also the host country at the time. Additionally, Uruguay won the 1950 FIFA World Cup as well. 2. Who scored the winning goal in the final match of the 2010 FIFA World Cup ? Andres Iniesta (Spain) scored the winning goal for Spain in the 116th minute of the customer studies final match. 3. Which player scored the most goals in the 2010 FIFA World Cup ? David. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Argentina 840 Words | 4 Pages. campaign focusing on the England Football team leading up to gatsby essay the FIFA World Cup 2010 . Aid Grammar Assent? NIVEA was not an official . partner of FIFA but of the England team only. The ad campaign was a massive undertaking that involved many media and strategies to fully make use of the World Cup as a vehicle for brand awareness. The FIFA world cup is touted as the largest sporting event in the world and football itself is the most widely played sport in the world . Furthermore the gatsby essay England football brand isn’t simply a national.

2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Brazil national football team 1154 Words | 4 Pages. Medcalf Resume? passion for soccer ? As I delve into intro to great, the history of the game in North America I will also attempt to answer some of the social, political and . Master's Thesis Counseling? economic reasons of why soccer has taken a back seat in our country’s sporting culture. Intro? When asked to summarize our nation’s soccer history David Wangerin (author of one of the most recent and complete books on the subject) spoke candidly; he said “history of soccer in the U.S. is more of a story of wageningen thesis online what didn’t happen than what did… American soccer has no Babe. 2010 FIFA World Cup , FIFA , FIFA Club World Cup 1248 Words | 4 Pages. Coca-Cola unveils its commitment to the 2010 FIFA World Cup | The Coca-Cola Company, a long standing FIFA . To Great? partner, has unveiled its plans to master's thesis counseling bring the euphoria of the 2010 FIFA World Cup ™ tournament to every South African. The plans are part of the largest, globally integrated campaign in the history of the Coca-Cola Company and are designed to bring the passion and euphoria of the tournament to as many ordinary South Africans as possible, as well as leaving a legacy for communities long after. Intro Gatsby Essay? 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa , Coca-Cola 1490 Words | 4 Pages. Socio-cultural impacts Before FIFA World Cup 2010 launched in South Africa, the main attraction was mostly on gold . and diamonds. The number of crime rate is what people knew about South Africa, and since the high crime, so there are not so many people come to South Africa for travel or investment. Therefore, most of the cultural in South Africa are not familiar by the world . But FIFA World Cup has been the biggest and a very successful promotion for the cultural of South Africa and customer, it also make. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa , Association football 990 Words | 3 Pages. company currently operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of France’s LVMH.

Hublot is the pioneer of the distinctive fusion style which combines the gold watch . body and natural rubber strap together. It currently makes the most expensive watch in the world , the “$5 million”. Position Hublot has a quite interesting logo, which is a combination of the intro to great gatsby essay longitudinal equality sign and an arc high on the right side but low on wageningen thesis online, the left side. Gatsby Essay? It represents the initial H of eric resume “Hublot”, and it is concise and. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Clock , FIFA World Cup 2471 Words | 7 Pages.

A Sport Divided: Men's Versus Women's Football. instant roar of the intro gatsby crowd with complete amazement and wonder is sufficient to know an unbelievable shot from an master's thesis impracticable place was completed. . Soccer or football is many countries past time. Despite the fact that the intro gatsby essay men's and women's team are on an equal playing field, they will never be the ian ker assent same. Going into intro essay, the heart and essence of the women's soccer team, otherwise known as football to some players, an individual will see that these players are connected like a giant family; they have compassion. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , American football 1401 Words | 4 Pages. Effect Sports Play on a Person's Life. Thesis? a soccer team in the Premier League in England. His life revolves around the schedule of Arsenal. At first Hornby uses Arsenal as a way of . escaping his trouble because his parents got divorced, but then Arsenal starts to cause him a lot of troubles when they lose important games. Nelson Mandela in Invictus uses the gatsby Rugby World Cup of 1995 to unite South Africa. South Africa has endured many struggles with the apartheid.

The South African rugby team unites the country by winning the world cup . Thesis Online? These. 1995 Rugby World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa 2265 Words | 6 Pages. Divas. To Great Gatsby Essay? * July 11th is observed as world population day. * January 15th is celebrated as army day. * The centenary of ian ker aid grammar mahatma . Gandhi’s arrival in South Africa was celebrated in may 1993. * National Maritime day falls on April 5th. * Journalist day was first celebrated all over intro to great essay, the world on October 28th, 1984. * Teacher’s day is observed on 5th September. * The world environment day is celebrated on June 5. * 31st May is observed as world no smoking day. * Birthday of. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Brazil 1256 Words | 5 Pages. Nike in Brazil: a Host Country View. control that such a large company can exert on football in the country is of essayer huge. This issue was thrown into the light when in 1998 the Brazilian national team . lost in the World Cup finals to France.

Earlier on in the year, Nike had invested a record amount ($200 million US) for the right to sponsor the to great gatsby essay Brazilian national team in the World Cup . As a requisite for eric sponsorship, Nike demanded that the team play an inordinate amount of exhibition games leading up to intro gatsby essay the event. Many Brazilians, including Brazilian. Wageningen? 2010 FIFA World Cup , 2014 FIFA World Cup , Brazil 848 Words | 3 Pages. Gatsby Essay? across the case studies world are entered in intro to great gatsby essay, a football competition every 4 years. This is called 'The World - Cup '. This involves . Aid Grammar? 32 teams competing for intro to great the title at venues within the host nation(s) over a period of about a month; this phase is often called the World Cup Finals. A qualification phase, which currently takes place over the preceding three years, is counseling used to determine which teams qualify for the tournament together with the host nation. When South Africa was chosen to to great gatsby host the 2010 World Cup , it was. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , American football 1000 Words | 3 Pages. graduated from high school in 2007. When I had finally graduated I could finally take a. Premium Happiest Day Of My Life having . spent two hours which made 11th July 2010 the happiest day of my life. This day shall always be in my memory as it was the day of the master's 19th FIFA WORLD CUP . Premium Happiest Moment left to join the other kids who were already in the dining area having their lunch . It was my happiest moment . I 've never appreciated school.

2010 FIFA World Cup , Ayumi Hamasaki , Experience 632 Words | 3 Pages. achievement of one’s goals. In other to accomplish a specific goal, one must start by achieving smaller goals which will later lead to the main . achievement. For example, before Germany soccer players could win the FIFA world cup , they had to go through European play offs, topped their group, made it through the world cup group stages, round of 16, quarter and seminal finals before reaching finals and winning it. Success no matter how big or small they are can only be achieved by attaining smaller. 2009 albums , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Failure 831 Words | 3 Pages. ?Sample Data used for this example: User Id is : 2011143967 Tags Hits FIFA World Cup 2014 2186 Web Exclusive 1647 . Football 1320 Special 1296 Brazil 1224 Uruguay 845 Argentina 775 Netherlands 756 Greece 703 Method 1 Tag Counting: In this method, we simply count the number of hits that user has generated on a tag. Intro To Great? For example, data is master's counseling stored as shown in the table above. Then we select the top 3-4 tags that the user interested in, in order to profile the user. Advantages: . 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Brazil 1131 Words | 4 Pages. 2010 FIFA World Cup Mega Project Analysis By: Liezl Troskie (32136) Project Management Lecturer: . Intro To Great Gatsby Essay? Mr Msizi Cele Index 1. Introduction 2 2. The Organisation 3 3. Major Stakeholders of the FIFA World Cup 2010 4 4. The Project Structure . 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup 3265 Words | 13 Pages. to play, which is why people support them.

In America the sports economy accounted for 434,000 jobs and a payroll of $12.9 billion. Case? And the numbers didn’t . include motor sports, another big tourist attraction. It was expected that the Football World Cup , which began in Germany last year, would generate $1billion in advertising revenue, according to to great gatsby essay leading industry observers, making it one of the most lucrative sporting events of all time. Media agency Zenith Optimedia in Germany said the customer case amount. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2007 Cricket World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup 907 Words | 3 Pages. better world : Put together several recycled (old) ads to make a new one Support the use of recycled and environment-friendly materials to intro gatsby essay . produce light weight shoes. Shift to digital marketing 1996: Launch Nike.com 1999: First online store. 2005: Redesign online store ? NIKEiD Personalize shoes Followed by NIKEiDstudios (more customization) 2006: Use social networking and online communities Using speed focused short films ‘Art of speed’ Joga.com in support of 2006 FIFA World Cup Nikes.

2010 FIFA World Cup , Advertising , Athletic shoe 906 Words | 4 Pages. Master's Thesis? ? Founded in 1994, Nike Football has grown immensely to gatsby become one of the two market leaders in thesis, football apparel and intro essay, footwear. Recognizing the vast . opportunities the a first law essay 2010 World Cup offers for intro gatsby their growth and differentiation from the competitors, they are considering a shift in their marketing strategy. Nike’s brand image is of an innovative company, focusing on of essayer, the high performance of their products, while simultaneously offering extraordinary designs by partnering with many top-level footballers. To Great? 2010 FIFA World Cup , Adidas , American football 1086 Words | 4 Pages. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY A country is said economically fit when its exports are greater than imports At the aid grammar assent time of its creation Pakistan was not at all in . competition with the world market. Its economy was nill. There were hardly any exports and every thing, even of daily use, was imported.

But since then, it kept on improving its economic condition. Slowly and intro gatsby essay, gradually Pakistan started to master's thesis export home made items to other countries. Pakistan is a God gifted country. It enjoys all four weathers. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Export , FIFA World Cup 444 Words | 3 Pages. Positive and Negative Effects of Tourism in Africa. Africa Ever since the ability to travel over intro to great gatsby, vast amounts of of essayer distances around the world became easier with the intro essay use of innovative marvels such . as the aeroplane, tourism started to wageningen thesis grow in certain countries that had enough places of interest. Intro Gatsby Essay? Africa offered much that cannot be seen anywhere else in wageningen online, the world ; from the gatsby ancient pyramids of ian ker assent Giza to the spectacular wildlife migration in intro to great gatsby, the Serengeti.

Tourist from around the world would pay a lot of money to thesis see and be a part of this almost untouched beauty. Intro? 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa , England 876 Words | 3 Pages. Of Essayer? What Value Has International Sports Brought in intro to great gatsby, the Relation Nations? broadcasting. International sports have brought many values in conjugations of essayer, the relation among nations. To Great Essay? Popular events such as football world . cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and master's, releasing patriotic emotion in a safe way.

Sporting occasions are a good opportunity for intro to great gatsby essay people to be proud of their country. For instance, when the Football World Cup was organized in customer studies, South Africa, its citizens filled up the stadiums, cheered and waved national flags to support their. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Ancient Olympic Games , Country 894 Words | 3 Pages. competitive sports teach us about to great gatsby life. about life Competitive Sport an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for . entertainment and victory. Master's Thesis Counseling? As the report of the World Sports Encyclopedia (2003) indicated that there are around 8000 kinds of sport in the whole world . Gatsby? By this, football, basketball, baseball, and volleyball are good examples for expressing more understanding on competitive sport. Medcalf? In each sports, even though leading to play not only by different ways. Intro? 2010 FIFA World Cup , American football , Failure 1506 Words | 4 Pages.

Against a Backdrop of the Growing Political, Social and Cultural Significance of Sport, Critically Examine the Increasing Role of Nation States in the Field of eric medcalf Sport Policy. To Great Essay? is the economy; the economy is gradually becoming more and more associated with sport as a whole. Master's Counseling? ”sport and sporting corporations are increasingly powerful . To Great Gatsby Essay? players in the world economy” (Armstrong 2001). The second is the politics within a country; sport is intertwined within politics throughout many countries round the world . The final area is thesis counseling that of the civil society, this includes everything that is not directly related to intro economics or politics: “civility recognised as such in any one nation-state. 2010 FIFA World Cup , FIFA World Cup , Nation 1971 Words | 5 Pages. in costuming for essay aid grammar the two characters highlights Pinky’s femininity and Jesminder’s lack of femininity. It also further emphasise that Jesminder is intro gatsby essay very . different from the common society stereotype of female, which in turn lead into her passion for soccer that sets her apart from her cultural and gender expectations. It can therefore be seen that although it is only the customer case studies beginning of the film, the use of costuming as a technique has established the main purpose of the film to the audience, that is intro to great bringing.

2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , Culture 1132 Words | 3 Pages. Conjugations? Exploitation Purposes (Prostitution) in Southern Africa Before, During After the 2010 Fifa World Cup Games. SANTAC Rapid Assessment on the possible Abuse Trafficking of Children for Sexual Exploitation Purposes (Prostitution) in Southern Africa before, during . after the 2010 FIFA World Cup Games The case of Zambia Namibia conducted from July to gatsby Sep. Ian Ker Assent? 2008 Presented at SANTAC Regional National Conference on Preventions Interventions against intro to great gatsby essay Child Trafficking: Sharing Lessons Learned and Developing Ways Forward Pestana Rovuma Hotel and Conference Centre, Maputo 8-9 Oct. 2008 by Merab Kambamu. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa 3042 Words | 15 Pages. Sunday at Soccer City when Nelson Mandela made a 2 minute appearance. The tournament had been missing the man who did so much to win the . world cup for South Africa after a tragedy on the night before kickoff struck his family. It seems Madibas spirit is always and thesis counseling, will always be with South Africa, particularly at times like these, so his presence at the final was celebrated by all. South Africa has achieved so much in the last month.

Firstly, look at the venue of the final game, Soccer City. 2003 Cricket World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa 397 Words | 2 Pages. The Most Popular Sport on the Planet Soccer is the most popular sport on the planet because almost all countries have a relationship with . Intro Gatsby? this sport. From an thesis counseling early age, kids start to play this sport and intro to great gatsby essay, soccer brings friends and customer, families together to watch the games. Soccer creates a sense of community because when people watch the gatsby game, they cheer the team that the like. Soccer is a sport where the object of the game is to score by thesis, driving the ball into the opposing team’s goal; the team. Intro To Great Gatsby Essay? 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , CONCACAF 635 Words | 2 Pages. Sports and conjugations, Development: An Economic Perspective on intro to great, the Impact of the customer studies 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Perspective on the Impact of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa Jo Swinnen and Thijs Vandemoortele LICOS . Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Version 2 February 2008 Introduction The relationship between sports and development can be analyzed from different angles – some of these have received quite a bit of attention in the literature, others less. An important share of the literature focuses on football ( soccer ), baseball, and basketball because. Intro Gatsby Essay? 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Economics 4827 Words | 13 Pages. he most played and watched game in the world . Writing A First Class? It is considered to gatsby be a favorite sport to many people. And, people prefer it more than any other . sport. Compared to basketball and football, soccer is an interesting sport in the way it is conjugations played, its popularity, and the exorbitant amount of money paid to players. The way that soccer is played is intro to great so different than basketball and football. The whole idea of writing a first law essay these games is scoring on the other team. Soccer is played with 11 players on each team and. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , Basketball 828 Words | 2 Pages. against Albacete when Messi was only 17 years, 10 months and 7 days old.

That record would eventually be beaten by Bojan. At the intro gatsby essay Under 20 . World Cup in thesis counseling, Holland, Messi not only won the title with Argentina, but was also the leading goalscorer and was voted best player in the tournament. Aged 18 years, he had become one of the to great hottest properties in the world game. Shortly after, he made his first full international appearance in a friendly against Hungary. His breakthrough as a player came in conjugations of essayer, the. 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification , Argentina national football team , FC Barcelona 1361 Words | 5 Pages. Intro? ?The 2014 World Cup begins on June 12, when Brazil plays Croatia in the opening match. Reporters and editors for The Times will . count down to the start of the tournament each day with a short capsule of news and interesting tidbits.

Perhaps the biggest change at writing the World Cup will be the introduction of intro to great gatsby goal-line technology for those rare instances of ian ker essay aid grammar assent dispute. Far more common in the game are vexing tackles from behind, which FIFA, soccer’s world governing body, has expressed new concern about. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup 478 Words | 2 Pages. results that the soccer national team is giving in the international competitions. Citizens often criticize that soccer player . performance are poor, citizens claim that players now are not playing with their heart anymore and that the players only respond when they are paid to perform. Citizens forget that other countries have invested more money in their national team, such as Venezuela who is now growing with big steps in every competition they perform, and to great gatsby, our national soccer team has beaten the.

2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , FIFA 4126 Words | 14 Pages. Adidas Beat Nike to Win the World Cup. Hainer, CEO Adidas, speaks openly and writing class law essay, honestly about his efforts to knock Nike off the intro Top Spot in essay, 2010 by leveraging the firm’s $200 million . World Cup sponsorship push to its full advantage. Intro? Currently within spitting distance of Nike’s 2007 €11.1 billion revenue, Herbert explains how the World Cup equates to big wins for brands like Adidas in terms of case sponsorship, advertising and intro to great, exposure. “The World Cup is definitely the biggest event for us,” he admits, adding that football is in the DNA of the. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Adidas , Association football 463 Words | 2 Pages. between Soccer and American Football Soccer and American football are played in several parts of the world . . Soccer , which has attracted many fans more than the American football. Essay Aid Grammar Assent? However, both games are popular, but there are many differences and to great gatsby, similarities between the two games, even though very few people understand this. Soccer is similar to American football is some ways, but not in conjugations, others. On this paper, we will identify some of these differences and similarities between the two.

Soccer is. 2010 FIFA World Cup , American football , Association football 614 Words | 3 Pages. Football World Cup: Sport, Business or Politics? Yamila Ohaco Urbani. Football World Cup : sports, business, politics? “What is the reason for the football World . Cup to be considered such an important sporting event?” is a question that has triggered widespread debate since time immemorial. Sports, business and politics are popularly believed to be the different options that can be chosen to explain why this event is so essential worldwide. To Great Essay? However, in my opinion the three factors should be considered to cause this tournament to customer studies be such an important. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 494 Words | 2 Pages.

Popular Events Like the Football World Cup and Other International Sporting Occasions Are Essential in Easing International Tensions and Releasing Patriotic Emotions in a Safe Way. Popular events like the Football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international . tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in intro to great essay, a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? International sporting occasions are very well participated by a lot of countries or nationalities around the world . One of these very popular events is called “The Fifa World Cup ”. This special occasion is essay held every four years in intro, a hosting country that won. 2010 FIFA World Cup , FIFA , FIFA World Cup 441 Words | 2 Pages.

a Mexican soccer player who plays for Manchester United, being the first Mexican to do so. Before, he played for the Mexican team Guadalajara . Class? (a.k.a Chivas). He made his debut for the Mexico national football team in September 2009 in a match against Colombia and represented them at to great the 2010 FIFA World Cup scoring two goals. Javier was born in Guadalajara on June 1st, 1988 and first played soccer when he was seven years old. His father, Javier Hernandez Gutierrez, an wageningen online ex-Mexican soccer player, said. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 502 Words | 2 Pages. Benefit of Hosting Sporting Games. campaign to host a World Cup , the largest event in professional soccer , is intense, with dozens of to great essay countries vying . for the quadrennial tournament.

In 2010 , the online games were hosted by South Africa. While there are a number of advantages to to great essay hosting the customer case games, such as publicity for the host country and increased revenue from tourists, there are also a number of potential disadvantages. Expense Hosting the World Cup costs the host country an to great enormous amount of money. Case Studies? For the intro 2010 tournament, the initial. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa , Association football 425 Words | 2 Pages. prepares to master's thesis counseling host the 2010 World Cup , Menzies Aviation is ready to play its part! Shongololo Lounge Johannesburg OR . Tambo International Airport 2010 : Preparation for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, where we expect to intro to great gatsby essay be the ground handler to many thousands of visiting soccer fans and VIP’s This document at all times remains the property of Menzies Aviation.

Reproduction is strictly prohibited without the customer case prior approval of Menzies Aviation. Menzies Aviation, 2010 . 2010 FIFA World Cup , Cape Town , Durban 333 Words | 2 Pages. Essay? Making Masculinity and Framing Femininity. Master's Counseling? Soccer , which is also known as football in many countries around the essay world , is the most popular sport in the world . Wageningen Thesis Online? . According to intro to great gatsby essay Sudgen and Tomlinson Soccer , compromises many countries’ national sport which provides a key site for the re/production of traditional forms of aggression and masculinity at of essayer an international level. Because of this, soccer has excluded and resisted the entry of women. To Great Gatsby? The portrayal of soccer in the media shows us that soccer’s world regulating organizations, FIFA, remains. 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , Femininity 834 Words | 2 Pages. farther was her first soccer coach. Hope’s farther saw skill and eric medcalf resume, potential when Hope was on the field. Hope later in life kept playing . soccer and got MVP three years in a row in middle school. Later, Hope played soccer in high school Hope was an inspiring athlete.

Hope, soon earned a scholarship and went off to college. Intro To Great? The university of Washington. While Hope was in college, her father was living in a tent in the woods. Hope soon tried out for the United States women soccer team in writing a first class law essay, 2001. . 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football , English-language films 590 Words | 2 Pages. Argumentative essay AGLE 121 G . J. To Great Gatsby? Venter 22223924 0767492981 26-08- 2010 Mr. Louw J1B I love Vuvuzelas / I hate Vuvuzelas The . beloved Vuvuzela has become part of a rich South African soccer culture. It is the driving force of the supporters and their Vuvuzelas that motivate there teams, so the question being is medcalf it a friend or foe? The Vuvuzelas caused quite a stir in the FIFA World Cup Finals in June-Julie of this year. The soccer players were all complaining about the intro to great noise it makes. According.

2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Association football 468 Words | 2 Pages. tensions between blacks and wageningen thesis, white in particular remain strong. 3. In what ways could South Africa benefit from hosting the intro essay World . Cup in the long term? Answer: The 2010 World Cup Soccer tournament put South Africa in the global spotlight and wageningen thesis, brought the country much needed economic growth. Intro Gatsby Essay? More than 160,000 new jobs were created as part of the World Cup . In addition, to cope with the requirements of the tournament, the country upgraded its transportation infrastructure and its ability. 2003 Cricket World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , Africa 435 Words | 2 Pages.

Buy Essay Online -
The Great Gatsby Essay Tips Sample Intro Grabber…

Greek Sentence Structure: Loose and Periodic Style. I offer this essay in draft (or “beta”) form with the hope that it will provoke discussion. Corrections and criticisms are welcome. Intro Essay! Just e-mail me by clicking here. Graphic images of the Greek texts discussed are provided. When transliterating Greek in the body of the essay, I use a simple, easy-to-read system whose only master's thesis real disadvantage is that epsilon and eta, and omicron and omega are not distinguished. With the Greek text at hand, this should cause no problem. Technical Terms: What Are They For? veni, vidi, vici . These words, which Suetonius tells us were carried on a banner in intro essay a triumphal procession of Julius Caesar ( Divus Iulius 37), can serve as a starting-point for an analysis of rhetorical figures and sentence-construction. A First Class Law Essay! “I came, I saw, I conquered.” Nothing could be simpler or more direct; nothing could be easier to translate.

I was surprised, then, on walking into a classroom once, all prepared to analyze a complex piece of Isokratean rhetoric, to find this saying on intro gatsby the blackboard with a full rhetorical analysis appended. It turns out that we have before us examples of: alliteration ( v eni, v idi, v ici ), homoioteleuton ( ven i , vid i , vic i ), asyndeton ( veni et vidi et vici ?), trikolon (how about veni, vici ?), isokolon (try adding a syllable: veni, vidi, victi sunt ), composition in short kommata instead of longer kola (compare: ad hostes adveni et, postquam illorum copias vidi, cunctos facile vici ), spondaic rhythm, paromoiosis (similar structure of kola or kommata), parechesis (similarity of sounds, especially between vidi and vici ), and perhaps paronomasia (a play on words involving, again, vidi and vici ), to say nothing of the counseling, overall brevity achieved by the ellipsis of words easily supplied from the (very crowded) context. To this list of eleven rhetorical devices others could doubtless be added. This analysis is gatsby essay a joke, of course. It pokes fun at pedantry. But it is also perfectly valid and makes a serious point. The words on Caesar’s placard are rhetorically brilliant and writing, instantly clear, but we can fully understand their brilliance only by taking them apart, seeing how they are composed, and–most important–comparing other, inferior ways of gatsby saying the same thing. The goal is not an arid list of tropes with arrows pointing to the text but a better feeling for how the words before us work, for what makes them forceful and effective.

How big an armory of rhetorical terms does a student of Greek prose need? Smyth’s Greek Grammar has a convenient list of forty, with examples; a similar list of forty five, with examples from Greek, Latin and English literature, is available at a first class, the Web site of the Classics Department of the University of Kentucky; a compendious, clear, sensible, and often amusing handbook is Richard A. Lanham‘s A Handlist of Rhetorical Terms . Very few people can define as many as forty terms off the top of their head, nor need one do so, much less acquire the intro to great gatsby essay, 200 or so which students had to memorize in Shakespeare’s time. Customer Case! Rhetorical descriptions, after all, are only guides to help us understand and experience a text; students often learn more by to great, making their own observations without resorting to conjugations of essayer, technical vocabulary. Then, if there is a handy label for what they have observed, they can learn it and gatsby essay, use it. No student who describes accurately and insightfully how an author’s words work should worry about, or be penalized for, not knowing a technical term. In fact, a fixation on rhetorical flourishes will hinder, not help, our understanding of style. Consider again Caesar’s placard. Customer Case! One advantage of starting with veni, vidi, vici is that while cataloging the trees one can always see the forest: the structure of essay this sentence is clear and one can concentrate on details. When analyzing complex sentences, however, it is easy to forget that the goal of case arranging words “rhetorically” is to shape a sentence which develops clearly as it is heard or read, not to distract the audience with pointless ornamentation. To learn about an author’s style is to learn how that author organizes his or her thoughts.

Analysis and labeling and note-taking is useless if it merely dissects an author’s words. The goal is to go back and to great essay, read those words, in order, as they were intended to be read, letting the conjugations, many “signposts” along the intro to great essay, way guide us by shaping our expectations of conjugations what is to come. This point cannot be emphasized enough. Students struggling to make sense of an essay, author’s words may think of wageningen thesis stylistic analysis as something more advanced than mere translation, more arcane and intro to great, mysterious, with its own recondite vocabulary. Ironically, they get this impression from the emphasis which most of us place on the most obvious marks of style–rhetorical figures such as chiasmus, alliteration, homoioteleuton–as the writing class, key to everything: these strike our ears and to great gatsby essay, eyes as we read, so naturally we begin our analysis by scanning the text, collecting as many tropes as we can, and labeling them like specimens found on a nature hike. A First Class Law Essay! We pay great attention to classification, which can become quite complex: is that an example of synecdoche or of metonymy? Are we dealing with paronomasia or only parechesis? I plead guilty to intro to great essay, having encouraged on essay assent occasion such “surface scans” of classical texts. The problem with them is that they don’t necessarily lead students to to great essay, understand how Gorgias or Demosthenes or Isokrates has structured and expressed his thoughts, the “character” or “cast of thought” each presents to us.

To grasp this we must understand how an author has organized each sentence, how he has set up signposts to guide us as his thought unfolds. This means, first, seeing how each new phrase or clause relates to what has gone before and understanding how “rhetorical devices”, in a well-turned sentence, mark the progression and structure of the thought. The real rhetoric is in the unfolding of the ideas in thesis counseling the order in which the author wants us to hear or read them; rhetorical tropes are markers along the way. To learn about an author’s style is to learn to read that author’s words, in gatsby essay order, as they were written–not to disarrange the words but to hear what the ancient audience heard. In his admirable essay on the style of Cicero W. Ralph Johnson puts it succinctly: ” . . . Good style, whether exuberant or restrained, is good thinking (and good feeling).

It is for this reason that what we want to of essayer, pay most attention to in style is the structuring of sentences, how they succeed, and how they fail.” [ Luxuriance and Economy: Cicero and the Alien Style , p. 7] He quotes Virginia Woolf’s description of “the rhythm of a book that, by running in the head, winds one into a ball”, and he rescues from obscurity a book by Edith Rickert, New Methods for the Study of Literature , which asserts the importance for style of the length of whole sentences and intro essay, of their parts. [Chapter IV, “Thought Patterns”, has much that is interesting on the structure and relationship of sentences as a guide to style. Ian Ker Aid Grammar Assent! As Rickert remarks (p. 111), “The study of the sentence is gatsby one of the most fundamental and certain means of eventually getting at the secret of style.” She offers a system for analyzing sentences which is thought-provoking, even if one chooses not to adopt it.] [General note: In this essay I use the word “sentence” as a matter of convenience. There is no exactly corresponding Greek term or concept. Dianoia , “thought,” is closest, but a dianoia need not correspond to what a modern editor marks off with a period, colon, or question-mark. Indeed, editors sometimes disagree on master's counseling whether to punctuate with a full stop rather than a comma. See now Dover, The Evolution of Greek Prose Style , chapter 2.] What is it, after all, which stays with you when you’ve been reading Isokrates or Demosthenes for hours? Not a collection of tropes but something more fundamental and harder to express in a phrase.

Why did reading Isokrates for hours on end once make me physically ill? Why, after the intro gatsby essay, excitement of the speech On the Crown , does an early speech of Demosthenes seem flat? Because a real stylist “gets in among” you. The “rhythm” of the assent, writer’s thought is what does this. The Architecture of Greek Sentences: Loose and Periodic Style.

This essay, then, with profuse thanks to intro gatsby, Ralph Johnson, will focus on the structure or “architecture” of a first class a Greek sentence. A formidable phrase, perhaps, but less so if one bears in mind two fundamental points: 1. Greek sentences can on occasion be very long, but the units of which they are composed are almost always short. “The edifice, lofty though it may be, is built of bricks, not of huge blocks of intro to great Cyclopean masonry.” [J. D. Denniston, Greek Prose Style , p. 61] 2. Wageningen Online! Greek is unusually rich in particles and conjunctions which serve as signposts. These helpful qualities of the language, however, carry a danger for students. One can often get sense out of the various separate parts of a complex sentence–enough sense to have a fair idea of gatsby what the class, entire thing means–without really understanding the development of the whole. And the reason for this is often the very profusion of intro to great “marker-words” or “signposts” in Greek: because they are omnipresent, students tend to ian ker aid grammar, ignore them or at least to forget earlier signposts when later ones, in corresponsion with them, appear. One area, then, where one must be a pedant is in accounting for intro essay every single connective word in a sentence. One can then turn pedantry to profit by (re-)reading the author’s words and letting the sentence unfold as the original audience experienced it.

Before we turn to the analysis of sample passages from Greek authors, let us consider the two main types of sentence structure which ancient critics recognized: the loose style (lexis eiromene) and the periodic style (lexis katestrammene). The first phrase means literally “speech strung together” (from eiro, “to string or thread together”, like beads in a necklace); the second, “speech turned or guided toward an end”; the word “period” (periodos, “way around”) refers metaphorically to a racecourse, where the starting and finish lines were the same: contestants went out and around the turning-post, then retraced their path. The loose style is often called the “running style”, a term which can be confusing in view of the race-course metaphor of the term “periodic”. [Dover points out the difficulty of interpreting the terms lexis katestrammene and periodos ( The Evolution of Greek Prose Style , chapter 2, Appendix: Period and of essayer, Kolon). Intro To Great Gatsby Essay! He thinks that the word periodos , rather than referring to a race-course, describes “a unit of utterance which begins from major pause and ‘returns’ to case, a state of rest by leading to a second pause” (p. 39).] These two styles represent two ways of intro to great gatsby essay developing and structuring sentences.

In the loose style one statement is simply followed by another with no indication that another statement is coming. The sentence ends with the final statement, without giving the reader or hearer any idea that it is about to end. It could just as easily have ended one clause (or several) earlier or later. Here is a banal example in English: “Bill went to the store and bought some milk and decided to get some cheese; he came home and saw that the cat had gotten out; he looked for it and couldn’t find it; his TV suddenly went blank.” No statement looks ahead to what follows; the series could stop at any point or go on conjugations indefinitely. There is essay no “race-course” with a beginning, a turning point, and an end. The virtue of class this style is that it produces an impression of plain speaking.

In a court case, for example, if one is intro essay trying to set out the facts and convince the jury of one’s honesty and straightforwardness (no matter how one has actually slanted the “facts”), this is the style to use. Of course, the counseling, loose style, when handled well, is every bit as “rhetorical” as the periodic style–but its art is less apparent. In the periodic style, by contrast, markers of essay various sorts, often introducing phrases or clauses subordinate to the main idea, indicate the path ahead. The reader sees signs of things to come and is prepared for them when they appear. The art of composing and of reading this sort of Greek involves setting up and conjugations of essayer, then fulfilling (often with variations along the way) assumptions about how the sentence will develop.

At the finish, the audience should feel that an appropriate end has been reached, a clearly defined course completed. All periodic composition involves, in one way or another, suspension of intro essay sense: the studies, arrangement of one or more elements of the sentence so that the thought is not felt to be complete until something else has been added. Let us rewrite the sentence above in periodic style: “After his trip to gatsby essay, the store, where he bought milk and (on a sudden whim) cheese, Bill’s arrival at home was marred, first by his cat, who had gotten away and couldn’t be found, then by his TV, which suddenly went blank.” Bill’s shopping expedition has become a noun phrase introduced by the preposition “after”. His purchases are subordinated in master's a clause introduced by gatsby, the conjunction “where”. A parenthesis characterizes his acquisition of cheese. The center of the sentence makes the main point: coming home was no fun. The two reasons for this are appended in two parallel expressions consisting of an adverb (“first”, “then”), a prepositional phrase (“by his cat”, “by his TV”), and a relative clause (“who. . .”, “which. . Writing A First Law Essay! .”).

As silly as these sentences are, they illustrate an important point: unlike a simple narration in the running style, a periodic sentence will highlight the intro gatsby, main point(s) the writer is trying to put across and will require the writer to decide how various events or ideas are related. This need not mean, and in Greek usually does not mean, that the sentence is wageningen left grammatically incomplete until the very end. More often, as above, the main clause is in the middle or even at the beginning, with subordinate elements appended. Many other arrangements are of course possible and to great gatsby, none is “objectively” better than another. What is important, in reading as well as in composing such sentences, is to understand the thought which drives the structure. Loose Style and Periodic Style: Examples in English. The periodic style is not at law essay, home in present-day American English. Intro To Great! Short, clear sentences pack more punch for us than syntactical and rhetorical baroque. Too many connectives, too many subordinate clauses, too much suspension of conjugations sense makes one seem fussy, pedantic, orotund. To Great Gatsby Essay! But we should recall the importance of Latin and Greek periodic style as a model for modern prose from the thesis online, Renaissance onward. Here are examples in English of intro to great essay both styles.

First, the lexis eiromene which has enjoyed such a vogue in English through the twentieth century, in a paragraph from Ernest Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises : The bus climbed steadily up the a first class, road. The country was barren and to great gatsby essay, rocks stuck up through the clay. There was no grass beside the road. Aid Grammar Assent! Looking back we could see the to great gatsby essay, country spread out eric medcalf below. Far back the fields were squares of green and brown on the hillsides. Making the horizon were the brown mountains. They were strangely shaped.

As we climbed higher the horizon kept changing. As the bus ground slowly up the road we could see other mountains coming up in the south. Then the road came over the crest, flattened out, and gatsby essay, went into a forest. It was a forest of cork oaks, and conjugations, the sun came through the trees in patches, and there were cattle grazing back in the trees. We went through the forest and the road came out and turned along a rise of land, and intro gatsby essay, out ahead of studies us was a rolling green plain, with dark mountains beyond it.

These were not like the brown, heat-baked mountains we had left behind. These were wooded and there were clouds coming down from them. The green plain stretched off. It was cut by fences and the white of the road showed through the trunks of a double line of trees that crossed the plain toward the north. Essay! As we came to the edge of the wageningen, rise we saw the red roofs and white houses of Burguete ahead strung out on the plain, and away off on the shoulder of the first dark mountain was the intro to great, gray metal-sheathed roof of the monastery of Roncesvalles.

(Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises , New York 1926, repr. Writing A First Law Essay! 1954, chapter 3, p. 108) As an example of periodic style here is Samuel Johnson in the Preface to to great essay, his edition of Shakespeare: That praises are without reason lavished on the dead, and that the honours due only to excellence are paid to antiquity, is a complaint likely to be always continued by those who, being able to eric resume, add nothing to truth, hope for eminence from the gatsby essay, heresies of paradox, or those who, being forced by disappointment upon consolatory expedients, are willing to hope from posterity what the writing, present age refuses, and flatter themselves that the intro to great gatsby, regard which is yet denied by envy will be at customer case, last bestowed by time. . . . To works, however, of which the excellence is not absolute and definite, but gradual and comparative; to works not raised upon principles demonstrative and scientific, but appealing wholly to observation and experience, no other test can be applied than length of duration and continuance of esteem. Intro Gatsby! What mankind have long possessed they have often examined and ian ker aid grammar, compared, and if they persist to value the possession it is to great because frequent comparisons have confirmed opinion in its favour. As among the works of nature no man can properly call a river deep or a mountain high without the knowledge of many mountains and many rivers, so, in the productions of genius, nothing can be styled excellent till it has been compared with other works of the a first class law essay, same kind. To Great Essay! . . Ian Ker Aid Grammar! . The reverence due to intro to great gatsby, writings that have long subsisted arises, therefore, not from any credulous confidence in the superior wisdom of past ages, or gloomy persuasion of the degeneracy of mankind, but is the consequence of acknowledged and indubitable positions, that what has been longest known has been most considered, and what is medcalf resume most considered is intro to great best understood. (Samuel Johnson, Selected Writings , ed. Master's Thesis! R. T. Davies, Evanston 1965, pp. 262-263)

The elegant and varied architecture of these sentences, made clear by a fullness of expression where parallel phrases reinforce one another, will serve to intro gatsby, remind us that English, too, is capable not only of “straight talk” but also of grandiloquence. We live in a Lysianic age, but our forbears were Ciceronians and writing a first class law essay, Isokrateans. Intro Essay! [For the difference between the two see Cicero‘s comments on Isokrates; E. Online! Laughton, “Cicero and the Greek Orators”; G. Williamson, The Senecan Amble (on stylistic models in to great gatsby the Renaissance).] We should note, too, that in setting out to compose in a classical language we are participating, however tenuously, in a tradition which goes back to the humanists of the Renaissance, and indeed to the Hellenistic age. [Lanham (s.v. “period”, p. 113) quotes Michael Baxandall, Giotto and the Orators (Oxford 1971), pp. 20-21 and 131: “The pattern of the grand neo-classical sentence was the period: that is, the sentence combining a number of thoughts and statements in a number of balanced clauses. . . . It is quite difficult to writing class law essay, enjoy the humanists’ preoccupation with the intro to great, periodic sentence. . . . But one cannot come to historical terms with the humanists’ verbal performance without recognizing how supremely important it was for them, and in how many different ways. The periodic sentence is the basic art form of the early humanists. It was a test of prowess, a focus for criticism, the full flower of the classical way with words and ian ker essay, notions, the medium of most statements about to great essay, relationships, and . . . it became at a critical moment a humanist model of artistic composition in general. . Writing A First Class Law Essay! . . Compositio was a technical concept every schoolboy in a humanist school had been taught to apply to to great, language. It did not mean what we mean by literary composition, but rather the putting together of the single evolved sentence or period, this being done within the framework of a four-level hierarchy of elements: words go to resume, make up phrases, phrases to make clauses, clauses to make sentences.”] As we turn to Greek we shall be looking for examples of a loose style, where phrases and clauses come one after the intro gatsby, other with no prior preparation, and a periodic style, where we are guided from a starting post, around a course, and back to a finish-line. As one would expect, the loose style developed before the more elaborate periodic style. But only scraps of the earliest prose remain, and the greatest writer associated with this style, Herodotos, is far more sophisticated than some caricatures of him suggest and thesis, writes just as elegantly and effortlessly in the periodic as in intro gatsby the loose style.

The longest surviving fragment of thesis Herodotos’ predecessor Hekataios (FHG 1, F15) provides a rare sample of a loose, naive style: For a graphic image of the Greek text click here. Orestheus, son of Deukalion, came to Aitolia for a kingdom and his dog gave birth to a log, and he ordered it to be buried, and from it grew a vine with many grapes. Thus he also named his own son Phytios. Intro To Great! And from this one, Oineus was born, named from the vines (for the Greeks of old called vines oinai). And from Oineus was born Aitolos. Most striking is the almost complete lack of subordination or hypotaxis. Except for the participle kletheis modifying Oineus each idea is “strung” after the previous one with a coordinating conjunction, i.e. paratactically (with coordination or parataxis).

The first three such links are made with kai; the repetition seems matter-of- fact, while in a more sophisticated writer such as Lysias it would have made an emphatic point. The remaining linkages are: dio (= dia ho, “on account of which, therefore”), de, the participle kletheis, gar, and master's thesis, again de. The Greek text above is given with Jacoby’s punctuation: two complete sentences, each with a concluding clause separated by intro gatsby essay, a raised dot, the online, second containing also a parenthesis. There is nothing, however, in either the grammar or the sense to prevent putting a full stop at the end of each clause, including the one set off by parentheses. (The phrase kletheis apo ton ampelon could not, of course, stand alone, but it too is “tagged on” at the end of intro gatsby essay a clause.) Note also the somewhat repetitive pronouns: autou, hos, auto, autou, autou, toutou. Different as this is from the Greek of Lysias or Isokrates, it shares with the styles of later authors a concern that every clause be clearly connected to studies, what precedes and follows. Nor is the connection in any way crude: in the first sentence the three kai’s lead to a conclusion introduced by to great gatsby, dio.

The second sentence uses different connectives (de, the participle, gar, de) and the words oinas, ekaloun and ampelous in the gar clause echo Oineus, kletheis, and ampelon in the preceding clause. Even in the two simple statements introduced by de (toutou d’ Oineus egeneto. Resume! . .Oineos d’ egeneto Aitolos) the position of egeneto changes, as does the position and case of Oineus’ name. Intro! This is conjugations of essayer not to claim any great sophistication for Hekataios’ Greek, but only to remind us that naivete is a relative notion. This passage survives because it was cited as an example of the loose style and, as with other authors whom we know only by tiny fragments, we cannot be sure that it is typical of Hekataios. He may have assumed a more naive style when he was recounting a myth. Plato does this in a more sophisticated way, for example in a passage from the Protagoras , discussed below, which suggests a parody of a traditional style of naive storytelling. Hekataios’ successor Herodotos is gatsby essay vastly more sophisticated. One should remember that he lived in Periclean Athens and was a friend of Sophocles; he wrote in Ionic dialect about the archaic age but was not himself “archaic”. He is of essayer a sophisticated storyteller (and historian!) who often employs, but is not limited to, lexis eiromene. Indeed, many a “loose” Herodotean sentence leads us step by step to a dramatic climax–and has, in retrospect, the essential quality of a periodos. Such sentences gain much of their effect from the very fact that they do not broadcast their intentions.

Here is Herodotos’ description of the arrival of Adrastos at Sardis (1.35): For a graphic image of the intro, Greek text, click here. When Croesus’ child had in hand his marriage, there arrived at Sardis a man bound up with misfortune and not clean in hands, being a Phrygian by birth and of the royal house. This man, coming to Croesus’ house according to medcalf, the local customs asked to receive cleansing, and Croesus cleansed him. Cleansing is similar for the Lydians and the Greeks. When Croesus had performed the accustomed rites, he inquired where the man was from and who he was, saying as follows: “Man, who are you and gatsby, from where in Phrygia have you come to be at my hearth? Whom of men or women did you kill?” And he answered: “King, of Gordias son of Midas I am the child, and wageningen thesis online, I am called Adrastos, and having killed my brother unwilling I am here, driven out by to great, my father and eric medcalf resume, deprived of to great essay everything.” And Croesus answered him as follows: “You are born of ian ker essay aid grammar men who are friends, it turns out, and you have come among friends, where you will lack for nothing, remaining in our land, and bearing this misfortune as lightly as possible you will profit most.” [This translation is as literal as possible consistent with giving a sense of the flow of Herodotos’ narrative. A useful exercise in coming to understand an author’s style is to note the to great essay, things which even such a close translation cannot convey.] Herodotos’ sentences are longer and more complex than Hekataios’ and, like all later writers, he uses participles far more extensively. As each sentence unfolds, however, each phrase or clause is immediately clear: it advances the story without requiring us to master's, hold several thoughts suspended at once.

Thus the first sentence consists of intro to great gatsby a genitive absolute, followed by the main verb apikneetai, followed by eric medcalf, its subject (aner, still unnamed), followed by more about the man: his misfortune, his uncleanliness, his birth. At the end the essay, phrases with men and de, both dependent on eon, lead up to the climactic word basileiou; the ian ker essay assent, chiastic placement of the to great gatsby, similar words geneei and geneos accentuates the final phrase. Each sentence that follows has a somewhat different structure and length. In the second sentence, for example, a participle leads off, then the wageningen, main verb, then a second verb appended with de. To Great! Especially notable is Adrastos’ reply to Croesus, when he reveals who he is: the connectives are men. Case! . Essay! .de. . .de. He begins with his father’s and grandfather’s names, then his own; then, in a clause far longer than the first two clauses, he reveals his misfortune. The aorist participle phoneusas (what he did) and the perfect participles exelelamenos and esteremenos (his present circumstances) carry the weight of master's this clause, with an unemphatic main verb (pareimi) coming between them.

This sentence is a good example of an ascending trikolon , that is, a sentence in three parts with the to great gatsby, longest element last. Customer! Further, this last element is itself divided into two parts, the second of intro gatsby which is again divided. Of Essayer! One could thus call the sentence “periodic” in the sense that it forms a structured whole with (literally, in this case) a clear beginning, middle and intro to great gatsby essay, end. Yet the writing a first law essay, effect, as we read it, is of one thought added to another in a linear, “strung together” sequence. Also imparting “flavor” to Herodotos’ style are the repetitions and “superfluous” words or phrases: in the first sentence, perhaps eon; in the second, houtos; in the fourth, legon tade. More generally, Croesus’ questions to to great gatsby, Adrastos are stated first indirectly, then directly: epunthaneto hokothen te kai tis eie. . Thesis Counseling! . .tis te eon kai kothen. (Note the chiastic order, and note also that Adrastos replies chiastically, answering kothen before tis!) The effect is of an unhurried narrative–but not a flaccid one. Intro Gatsby Essay! Rather, Herodotos asks us to pause over each question, each answer, each event in the tale of Croesus, Atys and Adrastos so that at the end, in the magnificent, fully periodic sentence which concludes the story (45.3), the whole weight slowly and conjugations of essayer, relentlessly built up comes crashing down. Intro To Great Gatsby! [Cf. Thesis Counseling! Denniston, Greek Prose Style , p. 8.] For an analysis of the periodic sentence which begins Herodotos’ History , click here. Let us turn next to Lysias, who was noted for the simplicity and elegance of to great essay his style and the vividness and clarity of his narrations. In the speech Against Eratosthenes (8-10) he is describing his own arrest by the Thirty Tyrants:

For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Dividing up the houses, they went on their way. Me they found while I was entertaining guests; they sent them away and handed me over to Peison. The others went to the workshop and made a list of the a first, slaves. I asked Peison if he wanted to take money and rescue me. He said he would, if it were a lot. I said then that I was ready to give him a talent of silver coin, and he agreed that he would do this. Now I knew that he had no regard for either gods or human beings, but nevertheless in intro to great the present circumstances it seemed to me to be imperative to get some pledge from him.

After he swore an conjugations, oath, calling down ruin on himself and intro, his children, that he would accept the talent and save me, I went into the room and opened the chest. Peison noticed and came in, and when he saw the contents he called two of his servants and ordered them to take the things in conjugations of essayer the chest. This translation ignores most of the connectives and converts most of the participles to to great gatsby, finite verbs but nonetheless retains the exact order in which Lysias’ narrative unfolds. Indeed, one sign of lexis eiromene is that one can translate it in order, phrase by phrase, without transposing anything. Such a translation, however, involves a considerable restructuring of Lysias’ Greek. To examine further the way Lysias has structured his narrative let us reproduce each element of the Greek on a separate line, with indentations to show the master's, relationship among them; the excruciatingly literal translation which follows will show how complex the “loose” style of intro to great Lysias really is. To emphasize the conjugations of essayer, careful connection and subordination of the Greek (even where ideas seem to intro gatsby, follow straightforwardly one after the other), words which serve as signposts are in boldface and circumstantial participles, which express so many subordinated ideas so concisely, are underlined in the Greek graphic. For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. And dividing up the houses they went on their way.

And me, on the one hand, they found entertaining guests, whom driving out they handed me over to Peison; the rest, on the other hand, going to the workshop, made a list of the slaves. And I asked Peison, on the one hand, (5) if he wanted to rescue me, taking money. he, on the other hand, said he did, if it were a lot. I said then that I was prepared to give a talent of silver coin, and he agreed that he would do this. (10) Now I knew that he had no regard for either gods or men, but nonetheless in the present circumstances it seemed to me to be most necessary.

to take a pledge from him. And when he swore, calling down ruin on himself and his children, (15) that accepting the talent he would save me, going into the room I opened the box; But Peison, noticing, came in. and, seeing the contents, called two of his servants. and ordered them to take the things in the box. [As a tool for analyzing Greek style such an eric, ultra-literal translation is far more useful than a smooth, fully Englished version, since the goal is to intro to great essay, understand the essay assent, Greek, not to replace it. Students should develop the habit of gatsby essay translating Greek this way, in conjugations the order of the to great essay, original.

To aim for conjugations of essayer a “polished” translation is to intro, ignore what makes the Greek distinctive.] Before we analyze this passage, a general note about the medcalf, line-division and indentation of this and other passages below. It is intended only to suggest the intro to great gatsby, units of meaning into which the sentence seems to fall. Each such unit was probably, but far from certainly, followed by a distinct pause when the Greek was spoken aloud; much depended on a speaker’s (or reader’s) delivery. No “scientific” accuracy is claimed or, indeed, is possible. Lines often, but not always, correspond to master's counseling, kola. (To be entirely consistent one would have to essay, place eipon oun [9], for example, on a separate line, but this would create a false impression of composition in very short units [kommata].)

We should remember, more fundamentally, that the very idea of a “sentence” is ian ker assent modern: ancient writers speak of a dianoia or sententia, “thought”, which may not coincide with our idea of a “sentence”. [For a modern definition of a sentence see, e.g., Rickert, New Methods for the Study of Literature , p. 111.] Likewise, while a “period” (periodos) often corresponds to intro essay, what we would call a “sentence”, a portion of a sentence can constitute a complete period (as remarked by essay, Aristotle and Demetrios). Modern punctuation represents the to great, judgment of modern editors; in setting out texts I have generally followed the consensus of editors on the placement of full stops. [See, e.g., Johnson, Luxuriance and Economy , pp. 15-17 with references.] Nor does a kolon (“limb”, membrum) necessarily correspond to what we call a “clause”; E. Fraenkel has shown that even a short phrase can have the force of a kolon. [See also H. Writing A First Law Essay! Dik, Word Order in Ancient Greek , chapter 3.] And there is no hard and fast distinction between a kolon and the shorter unit called a komma (“cutting”, incisum). As for the indentations, they do not follow any set system but are intended as guides to the structure of the sentence. Intro Essay! In particular they do not always correspond to levels of subordination. (I have always found complex systems of writing law essay notation, based on subordination, baffling.) Readers can learn a great deal by (re)organizing the intro gatsby essay, “layout” of these passages in their own way and analyzing other passages of their own choice. Now for Lysias.

In the passage quoted above there is almost nothing of overt rhetorical artifice, but its art becomes apparent when one observes, for example, the master's, interweaving of participles and finite verbs. To Great! They tend to be paired, but not mechanically so. The last sentence (lines 18-20), which describes Peison’s actions, is set out in three parts linked by master's, kai. To Great Essay! Lysias could have achieved greater concision and concentration, perhaps, by putting everything into a single clause with several participles and one main verb, but this would spoil the simplicity of the narrative: Peison came into the room; he saw what was in the chest; he issued a command. (Two historical presents, eiserkhetai and kalei [but not a third –note ekeleusen], add to the vividness.) The participles tell why (proximately) he did what he did, and it is master's thesis worth analyzing each participle in this passage as to whether it is causal, temporal, conditional, or whatever. Intro To Great Essay! Note especially eparomenos in thesis Peison’s oath (15): the phrase in which it appears is a longer element between two shorter ones, and we linger on gatsby it before coming to the oath itself, labon. . A First Law Essay! .sosein.

Of course, even without such analysis the reader responds directly to what Lysias writes–but for this very reason it is easy to intro, miss how much he is telling us, simply and thesis online, elegantly. Notice also the variety. Shorter elements are interspersed among longer ones; constructions are varied. An indirect question leads to indirect statements: Peisona men eroton ei. . . , ho d’ ephasken ei. . Gatsby Essay! . ., eipon oun hoti . . . ., ho d’ homologese. . . ., epistamen men oun hoti. . ., homos d’. . .edokei. Resume! . . ., epeide de omosen. . To Great Essay! . Writing A First Class! . Intro Gatsby Essay! Note, too, the placement of sosai. . .labon (6), labein (13), labon. . .sosein (16), labein (20). The repetition is “subliminal” rather than rhetorically insistent and includes a nice chiasmus (6, 16). In short, this is rhetorical art which succeeds by a first class, concealing itself.

As with Herodotos, lexis eiromene is intro gatsby essay anything but naive. If one wants to eric medcalf, appreciate Lysias fully, one need only attempt to translate a similar narrative from intro to great gatsby, English to medcalf, Greek! For an analysis of periodic sentences by Lysias, click here. Sophisticated in a different way is the storytelling style which Plato adopts from time to time, for example in the fable about the origin of justice told by Protagoras in the dialogue of to great gatsby that name. Here is an excerpt (320c8-e4): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Once there was a time.

when gods existed. but mortal kinds did not. And when for these too there came the appointed time of birth, gods molded them within the earth (5) from earth and fire mixing them. and from the things which blend with fire and earth. And when they were ready to thesis online, lead them to the light, they bade Prometheus and Epimetheus. adorn them and assign powers to each as was fitting. (10)

And Epimetheus asked Prometheus if he could assign them himself. “And when I’ve assigned them,” he said, “you inspect them.” And so persuading, he assigned. And in his assigning, to some he attached strength without speed; the weaker with speed he adorned; (15) some he weaponed; to some awarding a weaponless nature, another power he devised for to great essay their safety: to the ones he wrapped in smallness. winged flight or underground home he assigned; (20) the ones he increased in greatness, by this very thing he made them safe. And so he assigned the rest, maintaining a balance.

On its surface the style of this passage is naive: Plato imparts a “flavor” of archaism to a first class, his story with short clauses, simple declarative statements, and repeated words. The first sentence (1-3) has three brief clauses with the intro, verb eimi; the writing law essay, second and third clauses are exactly parallel, and the whole sentence begins and intro gatsby, ends with the same word (the figure of kyklos). The variation theoi/thneta gene avoids a too-exact symmetry. The next two sentences (4-7, 8-10) are structured like each other, but there is variety within that structure: an epeide-clause, then the main verb, then a subordinate verb form (participle/infinitives), then a subordinate clause (hosa. . .hos. Wageningen Online! . .). [The subordinate clause hos prepei is gatsby virtually an adverb and thus does not have a line to itself.] The first of these sentences could have been ended after lines 5 or 6; the addition of line 7 is elegant, with its chiasmus (ges kai puros, 6; puri kai gei, 7) and the variation meixantes/kerannutai. Three short statements follow (11-13), with a fivefold repetition of forms of master's counseling nemo carrying over from the preceding sentence (10) and into the next (14). Intro Gatsby Essay! In particular, the repetition of the last word of a sentence at the beginning of the next one (neimai/neimantos, nemei/nemon) is in the manner of Herodotos. Each of these three statements could stand as a separate sentence; each is shorter than the one before.

One can see the art of this by glancing at the next sentence, which runs through line 18 (in thought, all the way to 23): exactly the sort of variety that Plato always seeks, and a sure sign that he is creating the illusion of a naive style, not the real thing. This sentence catalogs the attributes which Epimetheus assigned to conjugations, various creatures. After the link-word nemon these are set forth with a men and three des; note the intro essay, chiastic variation tois/tous/tous/tois and the varied length of the clauses. The fourth clause (17) begins with a participle instead of a finite verb and introduces the whole category of animals without natural weapons; the longer kolon in 18, with the verb emekhanato at its center, sets the stage for the second catalog of attributes in 19-23. Here each category of animals is introduced by a relative clause, followed by a main clause detailing how these creatures were protected. Ian Ker Essay Aid Grammar! The description of intro to great small animals, of course, is much longer than that of large ones! Finally, again very much in the manner of Plato, the essay, enumeration is concisely cut short by the final summary in 23. Particularly elegant is the repetition nemon (14), enemen (20), enemen (23): a kyklos with an extra form in the middle. A playful and sophisticated Platonic fable, then, where the narrative progresses straightforwardly even when sentence-structure becomes complex. Nowhere is anything essential to grammatical sense or meaning suspended for more than one line, so that the dominant impression is intro to great gatsby of someone speaking in the loose, “strung-together” style.

Periodic Style: Demosthenes and Isokrates. Turning to lexis katestrammene (lexis he en periodois), let us begin with a sentence of Demosthenes which Demetrios quotes as an example of a period whose form is law essay determined precisely by its content, and which Demetrios then re-arranges into non-periodic style (Demosthenes 20.1; Demetrios 10-11). To Great Essay! Here, and in essay aid grammar the examples which follow, the periodic effect is gained by suspending until the end of the intro to great, sentence an conjugations, element essential for the grammar and the sense. For a graphic image of the gatsby essay, Greek text, click here. Men of the jury, most of all because I think it benefits the city for the law to be annulled, second for master's counseling the sake of Chabrias’ child, I have agreed that I shall, as best I am able, speak for these men.

Demetrios says that this period, which consists of to great three kola [apart from the opening vocative], has a certain “bending” or “turning” (kampe) and “concentration” or “coiling together” (sustrophe) at the end. What gives it this quality? Unlike the conjugations, examples of lexis eiromene quoted above, this sentence begins with two kola subordinate to the final kolon not only grammatically but also in sense: malista men heineka. Gatsby Essay! . . Conjugations Of Essayer! ./eita kai. . .heineka. . . . The main verb homologesa comes at to great essay, the beginning of the last kolon but requires an infinitive in indirect statement to complete its meaning. Demosthenes holds this infinitive until the end by dividing toutois from sunerein with a subordinate clause. The whole sentence is aimed at an end, which sunerein provides. Note, incidentally, that Demosthenes avoids a too-exact corresponsion of the first two kola by varying their length, changing the position of heineka, having heineka govern first an articular infinitive then a noun, and by answering men not with de but with eita kai. Demetrios’ re-arrangement of this into a non-period is instructive.

For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. I shall speak for wageningen online these men, citizens of Athens. For Chabrias’ son is a friend of mine, and much more than him the city, for which it is right for me to speak. As Demetrios remarks, the period has disappeared. Each kolon is independent in sense; a full stop could be placed at the end of any of the first three kola. Nothing forces us to look ahead for essay a conclusion to come. (Indeed, Demosthenes’ final word has become Demetrios’ first.) We are not on a circular course, with a turning point and a finish line in sight, but on a straight path of uncertain length. Each kolon is appended to the preceding one rather than fulfilling an expectation set up earlier. For excerpts from Demetrios’ essay, click here. A longer periodic sentence of essay Demosthenes is analyzed below. To return to the table of contents, click here. Here is a period from Isokrates’ Panegyrikos (186), cited by Aristotle in the Rhetoric (1410a):

For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Fame and memory and glory. how much ought one to think. those will either possess while alive. or leave behind when they die. who in deeds of intro to great gatsby this sort excel?

Only a tortured English translation, as above, can reflect the way Isokrates has directed this sentence toward its “finish-line”, aristeusantas. Each element of the sentence requires something later to complete its meaning: first come three accusatives; then they are made part of a question governed by the verbs khre and studies, nomizein, the first of which requires an accusative subject, the intro gatsby essay, second an infinitive; then come two parallel accusatives and infinitives, but since the accusative words are participles we still don’t know who the sentence is master's counseling about; finally, the phrase tous. . .aristeusantas, with a prepositional phrase enclosed, tells us. Notice also how Isokrates emphasizes the structure of the sentence with repeated sounds and words: phemen, mnemen, posen; nomizein, ekhein, kataleipsein; e, e; zontas, teleutesantas, aristeusantas. Each of these repetitions spans two or three kola and leads us forward to to great essay, the conclusion. A longer periodic sentence of Isokrates is analyzed below.

Short and Long Kola: Xenophon and Thucydides. As is usual in Greek, each kolon in wageningen thesis the examples just discussed is short and easily comprehended. Intro To Great Essay! Were this not so, it would be very difficult to aid grammar assent, suspend the sense until the very end. Two examples cited by Demetrios, each a description of a river, show the strikingly different effect of very short kola (kommata) and unusually long ones. First, Xenophon’s description of the river Teleboas ( Anabasis 4.4.3, Demetrios 6): houtos d’ en kalos men, megas d’ ou. This (river) was beautiful, but not large. Then Thucydides’ description of the Acheloos (2.102.2, Demetrios 45): For a graphic image of the intro essay, Greek text, click here. For the river Acheloos, flowing down from Mount Pindos through Dolopia and the Agraioi and Amphilochoi, and through the Akarnanian plain, skirting the city Stratos upland. and discharging into the sea by Oiniadai and creating a marsh around their city, makes it impossible, because of the water, in winter to writing a first, mount a campaign.

The sentence, like the river, flows and twists and turns to its conclusion. Only in to great essay the last kolon do we get the main verb, and the adjective aporon preceding it forces us to wait for the final word, strateuein, which explains the strategic reason for medcalf the entire excursus introduced by gar. An appropriately serpentine periodos! As a final example of a periodos where sense is suspended until the end, here is a sentence of intro gatsby essay Lysias, who was just as much at master's thesis counseling, home in the periodic as in the loose style (25.18): For a graphic image of the gatsby essay, Greek text, click here. But if you think it necessary. the men whom those ones omitted to harm. yourselves to ruin, none of the citizens will be left. In the protasis of this conditional sentence Lysias gains extra force first by using ei plus the resume, indicative rather than the more usual ean plus subjunctive (making the whole sentence in effect a future most vivid or minatory conditional sentence), then by bringing the relative clause forward to to great, precede the infinitive apolesai on which it depends. The sentence concludes both logically and dramatically with the online, main verb hupoleiphthesetai.

Not every periodic sentence postpones an essential element until the very end. Such sentences are indeed the most neatly “rounded” and “directed toward a finish-line”, but a longer period expressing complex ideas would be difficult for an audience to follow if they had to keep track of multiple suspensions of meaning and multiple subordinations until the final kolon. Intro Gatsby! Often the main verb comes at the beginning or in the middle, and the effect of a structured whole is studies achieved by carefully arranging parallel or antithetical kola whose sense is complete before the to great essay, sentence moves on. Here is Isokrates’ description of Xerxes’ march through northern Greece ( Panegyrikos 89, cited in part by Aristotle, Rhetoric 1410a): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Who came to so great a point of arrogance. that, thinking it was a small task to subjugate Greece. and wanting to leave a monument so great. that it is a first class law essay not a thing of human birth, he did not earlier stop (5) until he discovered and compelled. the thing which all men talk about: how with his army. to sail through the mainland.

and march through the sea, (10) yoking the Hellespont. and digging through Athos. This is a splendid example of a long and gatsby, carefully crafted period where the main verb comes in the first kolon and everything else unfolds in later subordinations. The layers of subordination, rather than creating a tangled suspension of sense, unfold clearly and in sequence. Note how small the case, elements are which make up most of this sentence. Intro Gatsby Essay! The longest kola, the second and third, describe Xerxes’ grandiose thoughts; as his plan progresses, things seem to a first class law essay, get easier until, in two short phrases, he yokes the sea and digs the land. And note the careful and varied connections: relative clauses, result clauses, a temporal clause, pairs of participles and a pair of infinitives set off by men and de. Note, finally, how similar sounds reinforce parallel structures: pleusai, pezeusai (9,10); zeuxas, dioruxas (11,12). End-rhyme links the paired verb forms, the first syllable of zeuxas picking up sounds from the preceding pair. Another period of Isokrates is analyzed above.

Many periodoi are based neither on suspension of sense nor on grammatical subordination but consist of a series of parallel or antithetical kola. Here are two examples from Lysias cited by C. D. Adams in his insightful discussion of the intro to great gatsby essay, differences between loose and periodic style (Lysias, Selected Speeches , pp. 345-352): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. The killing of men they thought of no importance; the taking of money they considered of great importance. (12.7) For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. many of the ian ker essay, citizens to our enemies they banished; many they wrongly killed and left unburied; many with civic rights they disenfranchised; of many the daughters about to intro, be married they balked. (12.21)

Strictly speaking, the first of these sentences presents an antithesis, the second a series of parallels. Wageningen Online! In each, however, as commonly, the kola are closely parallel in form: in the first, each kolon consists of infinitive + direct object + phrase with peri + main verb; at to great, the end the rhyme hegounto/epoiounto (homoioteleuton) reinforces the parallel and conjugations, brings closure. The kola are nearly equal in intro essay length: 18 and eric resume, 16 syllables (the figure of intro essay isokolon or, more strictly, parisosis). The conjunctions men and master's thesis counseling, de produce a suspension not of immediate meaning but of general thought: while the first kolon gives a complete thought, we know that more is to come. In the second sentence four parallel kola portray the nefarious character of the Thirty Tyrants. Not only are the kola nearly identical in length (17, 17, 15, and 18 syllables) but their similarity is intro to great essay strengthened by the repetitions pollous/pollous/pollous/pollon at the beginning and exelasan/epoiesan/katestesan/ekolusan at customer, the end. The detail added by to great gatsby, the fourth kolon–the confiscations of conjugations of essayer property even prevented some families from giving their daughters dowries–provides a vivid and intro to great, dramatic climax and brings a sense of periodic closure. For excerpts from Demetrios’ essay, click here. For a graphic of Lysias 12.99-100 laid out in thesis online kola and kommata, click here. Even a single kolon can be periodic. Demetrios cites (17) the opening of gatsby essay Herodotos’ History : Herodotou Halikarnasseos histories apodexis hede. . . . Of Herodotos of Halikarnassos’ inquiry the result is eric resume this.

A neat suspension of sense, where longer words lead to a shorter “capstone”, hede. Since this period is part of to great essay a longer sentence, it is worth quoting the whole thing: For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Of Herodotos of Halikarnassos’ inquiry the a first class law essay, result is to great this, that neither may the things done by men with time become extinct. nor may great and wondrous deeds, some by foreigners shown forth, both the other events and through what cause they warred with each other. Thus, in a masterful period, does Herodotos reveal the goal and scope of his History . Note the careful connections and eric medcalf resume, the alternation of long and short kola. Note the double purpose clause (hos mete. . .genetai, mete. Intro Gatsby Essay! . .genetai), where the second clause makes us wait while the meaning of erga is amplified by ta men. . . ta de. . . in apposition. Note, especially, how the Persian Wars appear, understated, in a kolon appended at the very end, in apposition to aid grammar assent, and amplifying what went before. Isokrates could have done no better. Rhetorical, Historical, and Philosophical Periods. Thus periodic sentences can have various structures and can achieve “rounding” or “concentration toward an end” or “completeness” in various ways and to various degrees.

In addition to Adams‘ distinction between periods involving suspension of to great gatsby sense, antithesis, and parallelism one should take note of the more fundamental distinction which Demetrios draws between three types of period, according to how tightly they are constructed: the rhetorical period, the historical period, and the philosophical period or period of dialogue. The rhetorical period is the eric, most rounded, with a “turning” and “concentration” at the end (Demetrios 10). Examples are the passages from Demosthenes (20.1), Thucydides (2.102.2), and to great gatsby, Isokrates (Panegyrikos 186) discussed above, where a crucial element is withheld until the conclusion. To return to the table of contents, click here. A Short Historical Period of Xenophon. As an example of a historical period Demetrios cites the opening of Xenophon’s Anabasis : For a graphic image of the master's thesis, Greek text, click here.

Of Dareios and Parysatis were born two children, the older Artaxerxes, the to great, younger Kyros. (Anabasis 1.1; Demetrios 3) According to Demetrios this sentence consists of two kola, each of which, while an integral part of the sentence, completes its own thought. [One could also treat the phrases with men and de as separate kola (or kommata).] That is, the first kolon is complete in aid grammar itself, but the second adds details which, once we have them, we perceive as part of an organized whole. Many sentences, both shorter and longer, are organized in this way, not only by historians but by every kind of writer. The construction is looser than that of to great gatsby essay a rhetorical period but still produces the impression of a rounded whole. To return to the table of contents, click here.

The philosophical period or period of dialogue is looser still and barely gives the impression of being a period at eric medcalf, all. Demetrios cites the opening of Plato’s Republic : For a graphic image of the intro gatsby, Greek text, click here. I went down yesterday to Peiraios. with Glaukon, Ariston’s son, to pray to the goddess. and also wanting to see the festival, how they would perform it, since now they’re holding it for eric the first time. (Plato, Republic 327a1-3; Demetrios 21) Demetrios notes that kolon is piled on kolon in apparent artlessness–yet, as critics have long remarked, this is one of the most studied and intro gatsby, artful of Greek sentences. [See, for example, Denniston’s remarks ( Greek Prose Style , p. 41).] Plato is said to have puzzled long over a first class the order of the opening words. The very first word is the main verb; a full stop could be placed at the end of each kolon (except for the third, where te looks ahead to kai hama); the indirect question tina tropon poiesousin comes as a seeming afterthought, picking up the accusative heorten of the intro to great, previous kolon (the fairly common figure of prolepsis). Yet by the end we have run a full course, a periodos. The sentence is more than what it seems to be: formally (grammatically) one could regard it as lexis eiromene, but it is really periodic.

There is no one formula, then, for a periodic sentence nor, as we are reading an master's counseling, author, should we expect to be able to intro gatsby essay, say with certainty whether this or that sentence or passage is “loose” or “periodic”, much less classify each sentence as rhetorical, historical, or philosophical. Rather, we should observe how Greek writers ring changes on sentence-patterns and resume, how they use connectives and rhetorical figures as “signposts” for the listener and reader. Labels, where we can assign them, are means, not ends. For Demetrios’ remarks on essay the three types of essay aid grammar period, click here. In order to essay, place in perspective the use of rhetorical figures as guides to the architecture of a sentence, let us look at the most exuberant rhetorician of them all, Gorgias of Leontinoi, who amazed the Athenians with a style in which repeated sounds and plays on words were part of the very texture of the Greek.

Our Gorgianic exemplar is chapter 6 of the Encomium of Helen . For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. For either by Fortune’s volitions. and the gods’ counsels. and Necessity’s decrees. she did what she did, or by force seized (5) or by eric resume, words persuaded. If, then, because of the first, worthy to be accused is the one accusing: for god’s zealousness by intro to great essay, human forethought it is impossible to ian ker aid grammar assent, hinder. (10) For it is natural not for the stronger thing by the weaker to be hindered, but for intro the weaker by the stronger to be ruled and guided, and for the stronger to lead.

and the weaker to follow. But god than man is a stronger thing (15) both in master's thesis counseling force and in wisdom and in essay all else. If, then, to Fortune and the god the blame one must assign, verily Helen from her ill fame one must absolve. Not only of essayer is the passage composed for the most part of essay very short elements (kommata rather than kola) but many of these are the essay, same or nearly the same in length (isokolon or parisosis): Tukhes boulemasi, theon bouleumasi, and Anagkes psephismasin (lines 1-3) are 6, 6, and 7 syllables; to men kreisson hegeisthai and to de hesson hepesthai (13-14) are each 7 syllables. End-rhyme (homoioteleuton) is everywhere: boulemasi, bouleumasi, psephismasin; harpastheisa, peistheisa, (5-7) [ is a medieval conjecture based on Gorgias’ development of the argument in chapter 15]; anatheteon, apoluteon (17-18). Parallel phrases follow one another in staccato succession: genitive noun + dative noun (1-3); substantive + phrase with hupo + infinitive(s) (11-12); substantive + infinitive (13-14). Parallelism of sound and structure comes from plays on sound (parechesis) and intro, meaning (paronomasia) within and between phrases, with similar words and even forms of the same word juggled kaleidoscopically: boulemasi/bouleumasi (1-2); aitiasthai/aitiomenos (9), where the case studies, first form is passive, the second middle; kreisson. . Intro! .hessonos. . .hesson. . .kreissonos. Customer! . .kreisson. . .hesson (11-14), a double chiasmus. Note also the end-rhymes in -sthai and the alliteration of h- in 13-14: hegeisthai/hesson/hepesthai. Especially bizarre is theou prothumian/anthropinoi promethiai in 10: what appears to be a longer kolon is broken up (or is it simply tangled, like vain human intentions?) by these nearly impenetrable phrases. Before dismissing these devices as puerilities, we should remember two things: first, the Greeks did not regard words merely as arbitrary collections of phonemes randomly assigned meanings; sound was connected to sense. Second, the argument from intro, which this passage is writing excerpted is intro gatsby meticulously logical and entirely typical of fifth-century “sophistic” argumentation as exemplified in Euripides, Thucydides, and Aristophanes. [See the works of a first John Finley cited in the bibliography.]

The layout of this passage in gatsby essay the graphic attempts to isolate its smallest constituent elements. Gorgias encourages this with his insistent repetitions and isokola. But if we step back and look at overall sentence-structure, Gorgias’ sophistication is evident. The first sentence (1-7) pivots around epraxen ha epraxen; the studies, possible reasons for Helen’s elopement are presented on either side of this main clause. Preceding it is intro to great essay one possibility (Fortune, gods, Necessity) divided into three; following it are others (probably three in number with one phrase each). Although we cannot know, as we read, exactly where the series will end (and indeed we do not know, since line 7 is wageningen a conjecture!), Gorgias suspends the sense nicely near the center of the sentence.

The second sentence (8- 9), a straightforward protasis + apodosis, is inherently periodic. In the next (10) the predicate adjective adunaton, which reveals the grammatical construction, comes next to to great gatsby, last, and the direct object prothumian receives its infinitive (the subject of the sentence) only at the end. By contrast, in the longer sentence which follows (11- 14) everything depends on the first word, pephuke: the eric, first kolon, introduced by ou, leads to the second, which answers ou with alla and where koluesthai is answered by intro to great gatsby essay, two infinitives, arkhesthai and agesthai; at the end (13-14) two further articular infinitives amplify the idea expressed in line 12. Since the phrases with men and eric resume, de form a single thought, they could just as easily be placed on a single line. They would then complete an ascending trikolon.

The next-to-last sentence (15-16) is a straightforward nominal sentence, with kreisson amplified by three datives each introduced by kai. The final sentence consists of protasis + apodosis, each concluded by a verbal adjective. [In line 18 the first word is MacDowell’s conjecture (CQ [n.s.] 11 [1961] p. 121).] Thus if we go beneath the dazzling surface of intro to great gatsby essay Gorgias’ rhetoric the confident construction of the sentences which convey his argument is apparent. Gorgias’ prose, with its successive kommata and insistent jingles, seems at eric medcalf resume, first anything but “periodic”. To Great! Demetrios, however, describes Gorgias as writing entirely in wageningen thesis periods (15). Critics have puzzled over how his audience could have been so impressed by intro to great essay, Gorgias’ speaking, but in the courts as well as in the ekklesia the goal, after all, was effective argumentation, and the present epideixis is a tour de force of exactly that.

If we look to the overall length and wageningen, structure of each successive argument in intro to great essay Gorgias’ logos, a different Gorgias emerges, an expert packager of solid, familiar arguments in novel form. Often cited in case this context is intro essay Kleon’s condemnation of the Athenians’ obsession with rhetoric (Thucydides 3.38). The Athenians, says Kleon, want to anticipate a speaker’s words and be seen doing so. Online! Later, for an audience to do this was a sign of an unoriginal speaker whose words followed an all-too-predictable course (cf. Demetrios 15). This is the audience that, only intro essay months later, Gorgias astounded with his speaking. Such a seasoned, even jaded audience was ready for something new. Gomme‘s notes ad loc., citing several passages from ian ker aid grammar, Aristophanes, evoke well the intellectual atmosphere attending Gorgias’ arrival. To conclude this section here is an appropriately rhetorical translation of intro essay this passage by Larue Van Hook: For either by wageningen thesis, the disposition of fortune and essay, the ratification of the gods and the determination of necessity she did what she did, or by violence confounded, or by persuasion dumbfounded, or to Love surrendered. If, however, it was against her will, the culpable should not be exculpated.

For it is impossible to master's counseling, forestall divine disposals by human proposals. It is a law of nature that the stronger is not subordinated to the weaker, but the weaker is subjugated and dominated by the stronger; the stronger is the leader, while the intro essay, weaker is the entreater. Divinity surpasses humanity in might, in sight, and in all else. Aid Grammar Assent! Therefore, if on fortune and gatsby essay, the deity we must visit condemnation, the infamy of Helen should find no confirmation. [Published in his introduction to Isokrates’ Helen , in a first class law essay vol. 3 of the Loeb edition of Isokrates, pp. 55-57.] Here, lastly, is an intro, example of the finest periodic style in Greek, the mature style of Demosthenes. Over the course of his career, Demosthenes developed a style unrivaled for its variety, intensity, and concentration, a style not wholly periodic like that of Isokrates but mixing long and complex periods with shorter, simpler statements, questions, exclamations. A good Demosthenic periodos, often cited, is the opening of the speech On the Crown : For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here.

First, Athenian men, I pray to wageningen online, all the gods and goddesses, as much good will as I continually have to the city and all of you, that so much be accorded me from you for this contest; second, a thing which especially concerns you and your piety and reputation, this for the gods to grant you: (5) not to make my opponent your advisor. about how you ought to listen to me. (that would be outrageous) but the intro, laws and the oath, in which, in addition to the other just things, this too is written: (10) to listen to both in the same way. At the studies, outset of his speech Demosthenes gives original form to a commonplace idea: both sides deserve a hearing, and to great essay, each speaker should be allowed to develop his arguments in his own way. At each stage of the sentence grammatical “signposts” and other key words create a suspension of meaning which is only resolved in a later kolon. Ian Ker Essay Aid Grammar! Demosthenes casts the entire sentence as a prayer (as he does the conclusion of the speech [324], which repays comparison). The prayer has two main parts, introduced by gatsby, proton men (1) and customer case studies, epeith’ (4).

The unremarkable words tois theois eukhomai are made memorable by three more words, bracketing the verb: tois theois eukhomai pasi kai pasais, which gives a striking rhythm: three cretics and a spondee. To Great Gatsby Essay! As for writing the content of the prayer, it will be given by the infinitives huparxai (3) and parastesai (5). Preceding the first is a relative clause introduced by hosen, which looks ahead to to great essay, the correlative tosauten for customer case studies the completion of its meaning: in return for his efforts on behalf of the city and its citizens, Demosthenes asks an intro gatsby, equal recompense (a point reinforced by humin. . .par’ humon). The second infinitive, parastesai, is again preceded by a relative clause, this time introduced by eric medcalf, hoper, which looks ahead to its antecedent touto (and note, in intro essay 4 and 5, huper humon and humin, forming an elegant chiasmus with the earlier pronouns humin [2] and humon [3]). But the second part of the case studies, prayer is not complete. Intro Gatsby Essay! Unlike toiauten huparxai the phrase touto parastesai forces us to look ahead to complete the meaning of wageningen online touto, which is supplied by the infinitive me. . .poiesasthai, in apposition to touto. To Great Essay! But we are not through yet. The word sumboulon requires an explanation, provided (7) by a concise prepositional phrase with an articular indirect question (!). Demosthenes then pauses for a parenthetical remark (8).

Then he picks up and continues the construction which he had interrupted: me ton antidikon sumboulon poiesasthai. . A First Law Essay! .alla tous nomous kai ton horkon. His delivery would have made it clear that me was here not a simple negative but required alla to intro essay, complete its meaning. The period concludes with a relative clause explaining the jurors’ oath–a clause whose culmination is prepared for conjugations of essayer by a prepositional phrase with pros and by the pronoun touto, in apposition to which comes the gatsby essay, final articular infinitive–the point of the whole sentence, an wageningen online, equal hearing for both sides, invested now with the authority of the gods and the solemnity of the oath. A complex period, with many suspensions of sense. With a subtle art Demosthenes resolves one suspension even as he introduces another. The main verb leads off; the climax of the gatsby essay, sentence comes in a “mere” relative clause. There are clear signposts, but they are varied and not pedantically regular. The same variety is apparent in the two parts of the prayer (2-3, 5-11).

Even proton men and epeith’, the linchpins of the resume, sentence, are not placed strictly logically: epeith’ should introduce a parallel prayer, with another verb answering eukhomai or with the to great gatsby, same verb understood, but it does not. It introduces the thesis, second prayer dependent on intro gatsby eukhomai. Line 4 above should logically be indented in the Greek graphic, but this is where logical strictness yields to art. Wageningen Online! To put it another way, proton men should really be placed after the first kolon–but how banal that would be! A shorter period of Demosthenes is analyzed here. More Periods of Gorgias, Isokrates, and to great gatsby, Demosthenes. Here are some graphic representations of periods of Gorgias, Isokrates, and Demosthenes not discussed above. Click here to thesis counseling, see Gorgianic periods. Click here to see Isokratean periods.

Click here to see Demosthenic periods. The distinction between the periodic structures favored by Isokrates and those of intro to great gatsby essay Demosthenes is brought out well by Eric Laughton in his comparison of these orators with Cicero, who is Demosthenic rather than Isokratean (“Cicero and the Greek Orators”, AJP 82 [1961] 27-49; see especially pp. 41-49). Cf. H. C. Wageningen Thesis! Gotoff, “Thrasymachus of Chalcedon and Ciceronian Style.” But when one looks back at the elegant repetitions and subordinations, at the effortless variety of Plato’s expression, and especially at the elaborate edifice of intro essay 14-23 (nemon . . . enemen), one has, in retrospect, a sense of rounding, a sense that one has been led on a planned path with a clear beginning, middle, and end.

It should be no surprise, in a writer so artful as Plato, that even a “loose” narrative has, beneath its surface, more than a hint of periodic style. [For a detailed analysis of Protagoras’ story as an a first, example of a traditional fable, and a discussion of lexis eiromene in general, see E. Intro Essay! Norden, Agnostos Theos, Anhang VII, pp. 366-379. On Greek and Roman fables see Ben Perry’s introduction to the Loeb edition of Babrius and Phaedrus (Cambridge, Mass./London 1965), pp. Master's Counseling! xi-xxxiv.]

Custom Essay Writing Service -

Help With Gcse Biology Coursework. Help With Gcse Biology Coursework. Help With Gcse Biology Coursework. With a staff of over intro essay 2,000 American writers and customers in over 45 countries, Ultius is the global leader in writing, editing, and business writing solutions. Your Deadline, Our Priority. This company is not bad. They have written 5 essays for master's thesis me. I would say 4 out of intro to great gatsby essay, 5 was well written. Master's Counseling. They get my papers back in a timely manner for the most part. The revision is the problem. You can get your paper revised but it will usually run after your due date so you find yourself doing some editing.

The priceS are pretty standard. I trust these guys and plan on to great essay, using them when I need to thesis, meet a dead line but may have my hands too full. Levitria B. Essay. reviewed Ultius on Jan 26, 2015 via SiteJabber Click to see the original review on an external website. ? Learn more about our commitment to essay aid grammar assent, verified reviews. Why choose Ultius when buying essays? Ultius deeply understands your frustration when it comes to buying essays for reference use. There are a million options but only a few of them are reputable. While many other service options fail to offer reliable support and hire writers from foreign countries, Ultius is refreshingly different. Since 2010, our platform has been connecting customers with an expert selection of essay writers that are credible and internally verified as being native English speakers. When purchasing essays for model use, we offer free amenities to ensure that your experience is satisfactory. From free revisions, editorial review of to great gatsby, your final sample, robust security to conjugations of essayer, originality scans, we have all the intro, tools to help you get the best purchased essay. We also offer an customer, unmatched level of convenience through a mobile-friendly site, time saving features and a commitment to your deadline.

Finally, the Ultius difference truly comes from our strong base of to great essay, American writers as well as the fact that our service is trusted, reviewed and customer case studies verified. Free Amenities When You Buy Essays. With any model essay purchase, you receive various amenities that are free of charge. Our free revision policy allows you to make changes and modifications after the order is intro gatsby completed. That’s right - if you’re not happy, we will gladly work through your feedback to make sure we get your original instructions right. Plus, Ultius employs a 24/7 staff of dedicated editors to make sure that your final order is reviewed internally before we send it out. This internal review includes a free Copyscape originality scan to make sure that it is 100% original. If it doesn’t pass, we don’t send it out. Ultius is also proud to offer an extremely convenient user experience and process when you are buying essays. Our platform is mobile and tablet friendly so that you can place, manage and customer review orders on intro gatsby, the go.

The interface is of essayer designed for your device and ensures you never miss a beat. Our support team is also available 24/7 via text, email, live chat and phone. With us, you will never get stuck without on-demand help. The process is also designed to be quick and simple: The Essay Ordering Process Input the sample order details; Confirm your instructions are accurate; Finalize payment using PayPal or any major debit/credit card.

It’s that simple. American Essay Writers and Top Quality. Our commitment to having talented writers is the gatsby, staple of our platform. Essay Assent. While lots of intro essay, other sample writing services hire foreign writers, we only hire Americans that are native speakers. In fact, our hiring selection process is so thorough and rigorous that less than 3% of all applicants end up getting hired. We assure you that our writing staff is customer studies tried, tested and subject to continuous improvement. Writer Stats Fluent in hundreds of essay subjects; Trained in gatsby essay, all modern citation styles: MLA, APA, CMS, Turabian and others; Topic specialists for your discipline.

Our commitment to quality would not be complete without the fact that all orders get thoroughly reviewed by editors first. Essay writing services from Ultius are trusted, reviewed and verified. Turn to trusted third parties like the BBB and SiteJabber and case studies you will see hundreds of verified reviews from customers like yourself who bought essays. We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau and to great gatsby essay have an “A+” rating. Even if your order goes awry, we have a strong track record of resolving issues and making things right. Customer Studies. To protect you further, we use McAfee secure to scan our site on to great gatsby essay, a daily basis.

This helps protect your private information. Ultius is the global leader in consumer writing services because we believe in doing things a bit differently. Benefits of Buying Essays from Ultius. If you came to this page, it means you are looking for help with completing your essay. While you considering whether to buy essays, it’s a good idea to consider the benefits of using a custom sample writing service like Ultius. Our model services can surely give you a strong advantage when it comes to completing your own work. Consider the fact that our service will save you precious time. Conjugations Of Essayer. Extra time will allow you to intro gatsby essay, focus on conjugations, other important things. By having a clear model to guide you, you will know where to to great, focus on in terms of direction, sources, organization and general clarity. Getting expert help is another strong benefit. Most colleges and universities even have dedicated writing help labs on campus for class law essay you.

Our platform connects you in intro to great gatsby essay, a digital environment where you will have access to experts you won’t find locally. Finally, utilizing third-party by buying essay guidance will benefit your future for the better. At Ultius, our tagline is wageningen thesis “on your schedule.” However, it’s not just a tagline, it’s also our promise to you. We deeply understand how important time management is for busy individuals. We also understand how beneficial it can be when you use trusted services to help you get more out of your day. When you use model writing services from Ultius, we save you time by doing the heavy lifting. Essay. Not only master's thesis, do we take the intro gatsby essay, time to digest and translate your instructions into a final sample, but we also provide insight into conjugations of essayer how the work should be done in terms of intro to great gatsby, sources, addressing the master's thesis, core question and properly citing the to great, required sources. Another great benefit is the final outcome you will get on your essay once you get expert sample writing help.

Each and studies every one of our writers, editors and to great support team members are trained in their craft to make sure that you get a positive outcome. You can spend days and even weeks finding an aid grammar, expert essay writer in your field through Craigslist or your local campus. But those channels are not secure and gatsby essay proven to connect you with the writer you need, right now. Everyone needs expert help and our writers are trained veterans in customer case studies, the craft ready to assist you after you have made your sample essay purchase decision. Using Ultius to intro to great, help you with your essay writing is not only convenient, but it also leads to better outcomes. Customers who buy essay model services are more ready than ever to complete the toughest essays.

With the help we provide, the outcomes lead to stronger grades, punctual graduation and even strong job placement as a result of a better GPA. But more importantly, it leads to thesis, the satisfaction of knowing that you utilized all of your available resources and intro gatsby options for the most important projects you have to eric medcalf resume, work on. Gatsby. Invest in your future by investing in Ultius to help you with a sample essay. Ready to get started? Professional American writer. Ordering takes five minutes.

Purchased Essay Samples and wageningen Example Work. Before you buy essays from Ultius, make sure to carefully review other sample essays we have written in the past. Like any service offered by a company, it’s a good idea to “trust but verify.” For example, you probably tested out the computer or mobile device you are reading this on. You should do the to great essay, same for our service. For that reason, Ultius is happy to customer, offer examples of the to great gatsby essay, work that we can produce for essay aid grammar assent you. Listed below are some samples we have previously written on our blog. The only intro to great, difference is case studies that these are published for to great the web and eric resume yours would not be. Help and Resources - Even if You're Not Purchasing an Essay. Even if you are not interested in buying an essay from Ultius, we have many additional guides and resources to help you construct your own. Essay. You can utilize our writing expertise and acumen to thesis, find out what a good end-product is supposed to look like and how to produce it.

We have taken the liberty of condensing our detailed Ultius essay help section to give you a glimpse of the intro, essay writing process. Thesis. Additionally, we are happy to share our quality tools and best practices to intro, make sure that you have everything you need to guide you through the entire audit process. Over the years, Ultius has worked with customers who bought essay samples and relentlessly studied essay preparation to determine what few key characteristics generally result in the completion of a first class law essay, a successful essay. No matter what type of essay it is or the intro, subject matter, the items listed below are considered best practices that must be followed. Pay close attention to the recommendations and you will be well on your way to success, even if you don't buy essays for sample use from us. The Thesis - The Foundation of a Great Essay. The thesis statement, from the first to essay, last sentence, must be airtight. The primary argument has to come from a solid base. If there is intro to great gatsby a specific question that needs to be answered, the thesis statement must address it within the conclusion of the first paragraph. Conjugations Of Essayer. Also, the essay thesis needs to be a plan of intro gatsby, attack for what the body paragraphs are going to be about. Essay Aid Grammar Assent. Click here for more information on writing strong thesis statements.

Good writers know that attention to detail is as must. Plus, your professor will expect it. Make sure to clearly read the instructions (all of them) and clarify by asking questions. For example, some common things to look out for include: (ii) Required number of sources; (iii) Essay type (argumentative, comparative, narrative…etc); Thoroughly read the gatsby essay, original essay instructions and make a plan before even starting to write.

Strong Organization = Well-Written Essay. The structure of an essay can really make it or break it for you. Make sure that you have strong opening and writing a first law essay closing paragraphs and body content that supports your original thesis. The introduction should funnel down to your thesis and narrow down the specific argument you want to make. To Great Gatsby Essay. Body paragraphs must have strong topic sentences and eric resume reference credible sources appropriately using the right citation style.

Finally, conclusions should not introduce new information and must recap the gatsby, main essay points that you presented previously. Adherence to Citation Style Guidelines. Finally, make sure to properly style your prepared essay in the appropriate citation style. For example, APA style has strict guidelines for cover pages and running heads while Chicago and Turabian require either footnotes or endnotes. Knowing how to cite properly and format things accordingly can be worth upwards of twenty percent of your entire grade. Following the formatting rules is an easy win, but you have to take the time to do it right. Also, always remember to credit another author’s work and don’t call it your own, especially if you bought an essay online. While writing good essays is ian ker aid grammar assent time consuming and tedious, it all comes down to to great, following best practices and being diligent. Our writers follow a clear methodology that is both practical and of essayer efficient for getting the best possible outcome. First, make sure to gatsby, select a good topic that you can write easily about and make sure you can find scholarly materials about it.

Next, take some time to plan and make an outline based around a clear thesis statement. Proceed to write the body while adhering to strict rules for paragraphs and conjugations of essayer inclusion of references. Finally, complete your references page and review the draft before submission using quality audit tools. Here, we recommend the intro to great, same tools that we use if you were to purchase an case, essay model from us. Essay Topic Selection and gatsby Research. Strong topic selection is an important first step. If possible, pick a topic that has lots of available research materials or aligns with items you are studying in other classes. Try to ian ker essay assent, avoid current events as there may be a lack of to great, available research materials.

Sample Essay Topics. Death penalty Abortion rights Gun rights Gender inequality. When doing academic research, only trust reputable sources like JSTOR, Google Scholar, your campus library or academic search engines you have access to. Lastly, collect the medcalf, sources that you need first and go through them thoroughly. Now that you have picked a topic and to great gatsby collected some credible sources, it’s time to make a plan. Medcalf. Start by identifying common assumptions about the topic and find common themes. To Great. For example, if exploring the causes of poverty, you will inevitably find out that governments are the ones that control lots of food production and allocation to the people. Once you have enough evidence to support a general theme, construct a thesis statement and make an outline of the wageningen, core items that support that assertion. If you don't think this step is necessary, just remember that our writers are trained to essay, follow this process on all purchased sample essay orders. You are ready to start writing.

Start with an introductory paragraph that funnels down from wageningen thesis online a broad issue to a specific time and place. Provide background details as necessary. Then, conclude the introduction with your thesis statement. Body paragraphs should be 5-7 sentences long and start with a topic sentence. To Great Gatsby Essay. Always introduce your quotes and case avoid “dropping them” without context. Finish with a conclusion that recaps each main point and make sure not to introduce any new information. Essay References and Final Review.

Finally, construct your works cited page using the right citation style guide. Depending on gatsby, the format, you may also need a title page. Master's Counseling. Review your final essay by intro essay reading it out loud and make sure you addressed your original instructions! You should use EasyBib to quickly build citations in almost any format. Have a friend, teacher or trusted essay editing service review your final draft to make sure it is done properly (if you didn't already buy an essay). References and Considerations Before Buying an Essay. While the previous section described summarized steps towards writing an essay, consider going through our extended 14-Step Essay Writing Guide for a more thorough look at each section. It also includes template that you can download as well as color-coded visual aids. You can also learn about and see examples of essay related terms in our extensive glossary section.

Whether you choose to use Ultius for buying essays online or not, we hope that our extensive walkthroughs have helped you in your journey to finding essay help. Not what you're looking for or not convinced? The links below may help. Search hundreds of services. Click to Verify.

Ultius is of essayer proud to intro to great essay, have strong verified reviews from different review vendors. Last updated on 16 January 2017 . With every order, you can count on the following: Delivered on time 100% original Free revisions Awesome 24/7 support World-class writers. Every order comes with these free features: 275 Words Per Page Free Title Page Free Bibliography Free Revisions American Writers Plagiarism Scan. Connect with a professional writer by placing your first order. The entire order process takes roughly five minutes and conjugations of essayer we usually match you with a writer within a few hours.

Enter code newcust during checkout and save money on your first order. Have more questions? Get in touch with us or explore common questions. Ultius provides an online platform where we connect you with a freelance writer for sample writing, editing and business writing services. To Great Essay. The company encourages and class law essay expects fair use of our services.

Here are the guidelines. Order Revisions i. The company offers free revisions, but there are some limitations like the deadline and intro whether we met the original instructions. Sample Writing ii. Custom sample services are for model and reference use only.

When referencing our work, you must use a proper citation. i Revisions are offered within seven (7) days of writing a first law essay, a completed order and are free with a three-day deadline. Intro Gatsby Essay. For earlier deadlines and general changes to core instructions, costs may apply. Explore the full Revision Policy. ii The company does not condone plagiarism, copyright infringement or any form of academic dishonesty. All provided sample services must only be used for reference purposes while being cited properly. Please read the Fair Use Policy. Ultius is the trusted provider of content solutions for consumers around the world. Connect with great American writers and get 24/7 support. Ultius is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating. © 2017 Ultius, Inc.

Before we chat, please tell us a bit about yourself.